The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
nas7232
Today. What a waste of uni choice. Hell I spent months going through each admissions policy to make sure I would have a significant chance of getting an interview.

nas! that really sucks

:console:

i think you will get in somewhere this year though, i really do!
chill pill hunni you have 3 other interviews
Just because you were rejected because there were too many applicants doesn't mean that you were looked at last...
Do you know they looked at your application last, or are you just guessing?
Sometimes uni's have to reject people even if they would like to give them an offer, just because of number restrictions on the course.
Reply 24
Baki
While I'm here, someboday sell me on Leceister.

Why should I?
Reply 25
That's true, I just feel its a really unfair process, surely its better looking at everyones first.

Thanks FTC =) good job I applied for 5 yr courses, I better start saving my money if I get an offer.. no more nandos.
Reply 26
Scan and show us the letter!
modini
I'm rather gutted right now after receiving 4 rejections... :nopity:

Chin up mate, I'm sure you will be fine in the long run.

Good things come to those who wait.

:smile:
Reply 28
Lu-x
Why should I?

Because I'm awesome. :tongue:
nas7232
Hell I just got a rejection letter from Leicester and their reason was that there were too many applicants. My application was looked at last when I set it on the first day UCAS opened it self up for applications.

Sorry to hear about the rejection, but how do you know it was looked at last?

nas7232
So basically, they gave out too many offers before looking at my application thus, I get a rejection.

I defo know I got over 16 out of 20 on the scoring.

Emm...they haven't given out any offers yet :confused: So i know thats wrong!
And how do you defo know you got 16/20? its not possible to know how much you will score for PS and reference because we dont know the scoring system.
Again, sorry to hear about the rejection
Reply 30
How do you not know the scoring system? I checked and found it out. After x amount of offers were given out, the process became more stringent therefore, a score of 3 in one of the 4 sections would rule you out in the latter stages.
I said we dont know how they score your Personal Statement and your Reference. Not as a whole, we know about ukcat and academics.
Hi,
just wanted to say something, last academic year the UCAS deadline was extended to 16th October and i sent it then (due to a little issue of me forgetting to add my UKCAT scores and then it needed to be pulled back etc) and i got my interview on 8th Feb, and then they released all the offers + rejections around mid-march so they could consider everyone and not look at it case by case...that was the system last year. Not sure what they've done now...
and we have A FREAKISHLY HUGE YEAR :O
good luck elsewhere :smile:
Reply 33
I think I remember it says that you can get feedback where they give you your numerical score as feedback. I think this is true as I think they say this on the website. I'd try ask to see what your score was.
Reply 34
Supermassive_muse_fan
Stuff

How big is your year? Ours is 330ish
Ours is 377 :eek3: Set to grow larger still when we join with St Andrews from 3rd year onwards
Reply 36
i had my leicester interview last week, compared to the other interview i had (at cardiff) it went well. everyone was really friendly, the course, campus and city are fab. fingers crossed! :smile:
Wangers
How big is your year? Ours is 330ish

i think its about 260-ish
as opposed to the normal 170-ish....that we have places for...

(i was actually looking back through my post to see where i said 'stuff' haha)
Im Getting So Nervous!! This Is My Last Chance
nas7232
Hey all,

Hell I just got a rejection letter from Leicester and their reason was that there were too many applicants. My application was looked at last when I set it on the first day UCAS opened it self up for applications. So basically, they gave out too many offers before looking at my application thus, I get a rejection.

This policy seems unfair considering other unis look at all applications and then rank them rather than going through them one by one and if you're last then you're screwed. I defo know I got over 16 out of 20 on the scoring.

Yeh I'm sorry that is unfair and strange, but I'm surprised the admissions tutor had the nerve to that to you, or was she only implying it? And I wonder why they looked at yours last, or is the case with all graduate applicants? In any case, they should look at everyone's equally, hence the reason for the January 15th deadline.

:eek3:

Latest

Trending

Trending