The Student Room Group
Ecstasy isn't being downgraded.
Reply 2
Indievertigo
Ecstasy isn't being downgraded.

^ Sense.
Reply 3
I heard ecstasy was being downgraded aswell.
Apparently it's not as dangerous as everyones making out.
Reply 4
Darkly

So the goverment's becoming leniant about all these dangerous man made chemicals. Yet shrooms and weed both completely natural are at A and B???

There's more evidence for weed damaging your health than there is for MDMA, studies have never found any conclusive evidence MD damages your health, everyone just thinks it's uber dangerous because of the sensationalist news stories in the early-mid nineties.

Also, chief ingredient in ecstasy is Safrole, which is extracted from sassafras plants, so one could argue it's pretty natural.
Reply 5
As stated, ecstasy is not being downgraded. What's been in the news recently is the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs advising the downgrading to class B, but they also advocate downgrading many other drugs (including shrooms) so the only double standards are those of the government.
Reply 6
Jono404
There's more evidence for weed damaging your health than there is for MDMA, studies have never found any conclusive evidence MD damages your health, everyone just thinks it's uber dangerous because of the sensationalist news stories in the early-mid nineties.

Also, chief ingredient in ecstasy is Safrole, which is extracted from sassafras plants, so one could argue it's pretty natural.

It deteriorates your cognitive abilities and ability to handle stress for some time after. That's just pure MDMA, let alone the toxic ***** out there.
Reply 7
Well its not, and it's not that dangerous

The majority of people who suffer problems after taking it is because they have had too little water while dancing for several hours, or they panic when they take it and drink too much water and die from hyponatremia

Shrooms aren't safe though, give people serious delusions, they're getting rid of them in Amsterdam after some school girl jumped off a building while tripping
Reply 8
Well firstly as other people have said ecstasy isn't being down graded.

Secondly I suspect the potential mental health implications of taking mushrooms are why they are as high as they are, however I can't be sure.
Reply 9
Natural and 'organic' do not always mean safe, think of all the poisonous animals out there. Their all natura lol. :P
Reply 10
a_t
Shrooms aren't safe though, give people serious delusions

Things like "I love the world for the next 6 hours", "I love this person I've never seen before who I'm talking to now, from the bottom of my heart" and so?

:getmecoat:
Reply 11
sdt
Things like "I love the world for the next 6 hours", "I love this person I've never seen before who I'm talking to now, from the bottom of my heart" and so?

:getmecoat:

I love how you deleted the rest of my post from the quote you chose

I wish this link wasn't from fox news but http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301381,00.html
Reply 12
a_t
I love how you deleted the rest of my post from the quote you chose

I wish this link wasn't from fox news but http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301381,00.html

Doesn't change anything, I was responding to that segment alone. I iz well aware of the potential damage shrooms can do, blud.
Reply 13
An 'expert' in the field claimed that one was more likely to be killed in a horse related death then through ecstasy and suggested it be lowered. However the government flatly refused to downgrade it.

Learn the facts before slating the gov.
aidanftw
An 'expert' in the field claimed that one was more likely to be killed in a horse related death then through ecstasy and suggested it be lowered. However the government flatly refused to downgrade it.

Learn the facts before slating the gov.

:rofl: You have basically contradicted yourself.
Scientists have proven that ecstasy is one of the safest recreational drugs out there. Government won't downgrade it though, because they fear it'll send out the wrong message: that it's ok to take. To be honest though, if it was legalised it would be even less dangerous as I believe much of the harm/deaths that have resulted are due to the impurity of illegal pills. However, the same could be said in favour of the legalisation of heroin, so whatever.

Oh, and fresh magic mushrooms were legal until 2005, when the government in all their wisdom decided to make it one of the highest regulated drugs out there. Again, scientists have proven the active ingredient is actually fairly safe:

Reply 16
Indievertigo
:rofl: You have basically contradicted yourself.

How babe?
Reply 17
Technically there was no contradiction, but it sounded like you were defending the government for flatly ignoring independent scientific advice.

Latest

Trending

Trending