The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sithius
Yes, I'd say so, because it's all to do with instinct. Your instinct doesn't change with the knowledge of contraception. Rather, it is the result of evolution and cannot be changed in one generation.

It's worth noting here that just because something's instinct it doesn't make it justifiable.
Reply 101
Sithius
Yes, I'd say so, because it's all to do with instinct. Your instinct doesn't change with the knowledge of contraception. Rather, it is the result of evolution and cannot be changed in one generation.

The label 'slut' is not evolution. It is a social construction.
Reply 102
thegoodpubguide
most girls respect guys who dont go around banging people all the time

I agree.

I wouldn't date a slut, because their outlook would be too different from my own for it to work. Personal preferance.
Gazule
I know. It is out. Imo someone who sleeps around too much is just as bad whatever sex they are. The jock attitude you get sometimes is ridiculous.

Too much? Just as bad?

What's wrong with sleeping with other people, so long as you're safe, it's fun, natural and healthy.
bodmer123
Haps
...Oh and OP I thought you were going to kill yourself.
yeah after i have sex

That'll do wonders to the person you sleep with. "Wow, that sex was amazing. Now... Where did I put that gun? *looks around*"

But yeah. A girl who a lot of sex with the same person isn't a "slut" but someone who sleeps around and has lots of sex with different people in a short period of time would probably be labelled as one.

It isn't good for a guy to sleep around either though, it's not cool. I know someone who has slept with many girls and has pregnancy scares with about 3 of them. It's not a good thing, it's really not. But again the same applies, if someone has lots of sex with the same person then technically they're not a "manwhore" or whatever you want to call it.
helraizer
That'll do wonders to the person you sleep with. "Wow, that sex was amazing. Now... Where did I put that gun? *looks around*"

But yeah. A girl who a lot of sex with the same person isn't a "slut" but someone who sleeps around and has lots of sex with different people in a short period of time would probably be labelled as one.

It isn't good for a guy to sleep around either though, it's not cool. I know someone who has slept with many girls and has pregnancy scares with about 3 of them. It's not a good thing, it's really not. But again the same applies, if someone has lots of sex with the same person then technically they're not a "manwhore" or whatever you want to call it.

Why? If you're safe, I don't see what's wrong with it, regardless of whether you're male or female.
Reply 106
Tufts
The label 'slut' is not evolution. It is a social construction.

That isn't what I mean. The reason for why women are seen as sluts and men are not, is due to evolution, at least in my opinion. I am not disputing the origin of the word 'slut'.
Reply 107
Sithius
That isn't what I mean. The reason for why women are seen as sluts and men are not, is due to evolution, at least in my opinion. I am not disputing the origin of the word 'slut'.

Women need to find best sperm.

Men need to impregnate as much as poss.

That kind of lark?

I'm arguing that as we have become civalised (through developments such as contraception, CSA payments), the evolution theory is no longer applicable.
Reply 108
Sex tastes a bit funny... Meh, the way things are, I see it...
Reply 109
Tufts

That kind of lark?

I'm arguing that as we have become civalised (through developments such as contraception, CSA payments), the evolution theory is no longer applicable.

I don't agree. You can't discount instinct that has built up over millions of years simply because it fits your argument. It is neither rational or realistic.
Reply 110
Lol
are you stuck in 1985? :P
joking, i dont think that at all, girls have urges just like us guys
plus girls who aren't frigid and afraid to talk about sex and the like are generally easier on the conversation i find, or maybe thats just how its worked out where i live
fL3X
BraAAAAaaaaaap Big Up Germany + Hitler :tongue:

why bring hitler into it? not cool dude.
mr-tom
:lolwut:
Yeah, I'm sure it's boiling hot coffee too...

okay, well the first thing I said was more to shock anyone, I guessed that worked :biggrin:

You honestly think its really jizz? okay, maybe its coke then lol

******* hell, its a bit frothy isn't it, maybe I should start eating more healthy then I would have COCA JIZZ, oh yeah for my spunk.
Reply 113
Nex Angelus
why bring hitler into it? not cool dude.

Why not? did I offend you?
Reply 114
fisherman
Too much? Just as bad?

What's wrong with sleeping with other people, so long as you're safe, it's fun, natural and healthy.

By too much I mean having a different partner every day or something ridiculous like that. It is the sleeping around that is the problem, not the sleeping to much.
Tufts

That kind of lark?

But in terms of finding mates, it's still in use. Some men get nearly all the girls, whilst other lower status males have to fight for the scraps.
I think it all depends on WHY one does it. Here's my take on it.

1. If a person (boy or girl) sleeps around because of low self esteem, for material or social gain, to fill some void in his/her life, then that is unhealthy and should be discouraged. Typical low self esteem 'slut' or 'playa's.

2. If a person sleeps around because they enjoy sex, and are honest about this and don't deceive any of their partners and just want to have fun, then that is healthy and - provided its done safely - should be encouraged. This includes people like me, most of thg guys I hang out with, and some othetr cool guys and girls out there. Often mislabelled sluts or playas.

3. If a person doesn't sleep around because they fear what other ppl will say or think about them (or they simply can't get laid), although they do want to and would have no problems or issues with doing so if they really did some soul searching. Just as bad as number 1. Often think they have drawn their own conclusions about right/wrong but usually just been spoon fed by others/society/media. This covers the majority of ppl IMO. Including most guys and girls in relationships.

4. If a person doesn't sleep around because they genuinely don't want to because they don't enjoy sex or (falsely) believe that it genuinely is amoral and wrong....then thats OK - but I don't think this is many ppl at all, if we're being honest. This covers ppl such as religious basket cases, and uber-low sex drive geeky ppl.

All this is my opinion, but I believe it 100% and i think I could categorise everyone into one of these 4.
Nobody should be labelled a slut, slag, whore etc., no matter what gender they are. These are typical labels put on people by our mostly sex-negative society.
There is nothing wrong with sex, so long as you enjoy it. Who cares how much sex people have? It's a completely natural thing.
Who's impressed by men who sleep around (?) I can't think of anything that would put me off a man more quickly!

Latest

Trending

Trending