The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Well Warwick is more prestigious, but if you plan on becoming a lawyer you'll have to consider the fact that the course offered is a BA, not a qualifying law degree i.e. LLB (like Aston).
Reply 2
Is an LLB more respected by Law firms than that of a BA?
NW8_SW1_EC3
Well Warwick is more prestigious, but if you plan on becoming a lawyer you'll have to consider the fact that the course offered is a BA, not a qualifying law degree i.e. LLB (like Aston).
Reply 3
No, it doesn't matter if you do an LLB or a BA if you wish to become a lawyer, a BA isn't frowned upon, my point was that it would simply take you longer to qualify as you'll have to do a conversion course after your degree. I personally would go for Warwick.
Reply 4
Thank You but you do 4 years to do the BA but I do not believe you have to do a conversion cource, OR do I?

Is Aston a respected college? Not as Much as Warwick?

NW8_SW1_EC3
No, it doesn't matter if you do an LLB or a BA if you wish to become a lawyer, a BA isn't frowned upon, my point was that it would simply take you longer to qualify as you'll have to do a conversion course after your degree. I personally would go for Warwick.
Reply 5
As it's a BA course it therefore isn't a qualify law degree, so if you wish to become a solicitor you'll have to do a conversation course, the CPE?

Aston is respected, just not as much as Warwick.
Reply 6
Thanks
Reply 7
Warwick BA Law and Business studies IS A QUALIFYING LAW DEGREE! u don't have to do conversion afterwards. I've applied this last year and asked the admission tutor :smile:
Warwick! xxx
Reply 9
NW8_SW1_EC3
As it's a BA course it therefore isn't a qualify law degree, so if you wish to become a solicitor you'll have to do a conversation course, the CPE?

Aston is respected, just not as much as Warwick.

I don't actually know the specifics of that course, but the mere fact a Law degree is BA doesn't automatically 'therefore' make it a non-qualifying degree. Some aren't, but there are also some that are.

I guess it's best for the OP to check whether or not the Warwick course is qualifying or not on the website or just email the uni.
Reply 10
jkyng1
Warwick BA Law and Business studies IS A QUALIFYING LAW DEGREE! u don't have to do conversion afterwards. I've applied this last year and asked the admission tutor :smile:

Ahh! Sense.
Reply 11
Tough choice! I'd be a bit worried about the lack of LLB from Warwick though.
Reply 12
Oxbridge are BA too...i doubt people would be worried about the lack of LLB from oxbridge.
Reply 13
which ever one you like better and want to spend 3 years there
Reply 14
Thank You, for the advice!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending