The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
imoneofthem
I'd like to see this thread stickied :smile: + I'll let you know by early april my firm choice:
It's a decision between Lincoln or Plymouth. Providing that the girlfriend enjoys Plymouth's course and the location then we'll be selecting plymouth as our firm. DMU is not going to be neither my firm nor insurance due to the negative reviews i hear from members of this forum.

Good work on creating this thread OP, let's hope every prospect CompSki student posts here.

Thanks :smile: I just saw most other subjects had one so I was like.. where's ours?
I hope more people post in here... I want to find out whos going :smile:
Reply 22
Yup. It'd be nice for a mod to venture in to this neck of the woods and sticky it. They've still got stickied one for 2008 entry! Atleast that way anyone that comes into here will see the thread.. There should be a lot more replies imo based on the number of replies to the applicants thread.
Reply 23
sheffield - MComp Computer Science
Reply 24
Added :smile:

And bump again. Need more people!!
Reply 25
Someone should really sticky this!
Reply 26
A Magician
Someone should really sticky this!

Yup we keep saying! But the mod's stay away from this neck of the woods :frown:
Still got a thread from 2008 stickied!!!
Reply 27
Cambridge: Computer Science with Maths BA
Reply 28
added
Warwick

Tori - MEng Computer Science

:smile:
Reply 30
ToriaStrange
Warwick

Tori - MEng Computer Science

:smile:

Woo!! Did you go to an open day? I went to the one in December. What accom are you looking at?
orionmoo
Woo!! Did you go to an open day? I went to the one in December. What accom are you looking at?

Yeah, went to a general open day....some time...and the departmental open day on the 11th March. It has such a lovely atmosphere, what made me pick it over Bristol in the end :smile:

I'm not sure about accommodation. Possibly Jack Martin, but should really pick somewhere cheaper - I can't live on £65 a week :| They're so stingy with the loans! Give me more debt damnit! I'd prefer corridors to flats though. How about you? :smile:
Reply 32
ToriaStrange
Yeah, went to a general open day....some time...and the departmental open day on the 11th March. It has such a lovely atmosphere, what made me pick it over Bristol in the end :smile:

I'm not sure about accommodation. Possibly Jack Martin, but should really pick somewhere cheaper - I can't live on £65 a week :| They're so stingy with the loans! Give me more debt damnit! I'd prefer corridors to flats though. How about you? :smile:

Aha, JM number 1 for me. But I'm getting the full maintenance loan and I think my mums tweaking her income so I get the full grant too. Like she has several jobs with pay slips from different times and if she hands one form in (which the evidence page of the finance forms says you could use) i'll only get a partial grant but if she hands her payslips in instead, it'll get the full. That gives me about £120 a week in JM, and about £133 a week if I go to Rootes. (Including the £1800 grant Warwick give you for your family earning under £38,001). So yeah JM number one then number 2 will either be rootes or.. i;m not sure the 3rd. May be Tocil.. I dunno haha. Do you have msn? If you fancy a chat that is.. i'd love to actually know someone before I get there! (If I actually get in. bloody 2 As and a B. hmph) I'm off the pub now anyway, but send me a PM if you want my msn :smile:
Reply 33
orionmoo
Aha, JM number 1 for me. But I'm getting the full maintenance loan and I think my mums tweaking her income so I get the full grant too. Like she has several jobs with pay slips from different times and if she hands one form in (which the evidence page of the finance forms says you could use) i'll only get a partial grant but if she hands her payslips in instead, it'll get the full. That gives me about £120 a week in JM, and about £133 a week if I go to Rootes. (Including the £1800 grant Warwick give you for your family earning under £38,001). So yeah JM number one then number 2 will either be rootes or.. i;m not sure the 3rd. May be Tocil.. I dunno haha. Do you have msn? If you fancy a chat that is.. i'd love to actually know someone before I get there! (If I actually get in. bloody 2 As and a B. hmph) I'm off the pub now anyway, but send me a PM if you want my msn :smile:

Not only that, but you'd know a girl doing computer science.

:tongue:
Reply 34
mituozo

I didn't realise that girls and computer science would go in the same sentence together!

On a side not my offer has turned unconditional! Yay! :biggrin:
Reply 35
mituozo

Haha good point :P
nah just here to find people atm lol
Reply 36
I've firmed Edinburgh :smile:
Reply 37
Firmed Imperial for BEng in Compsci
Reply 38
added :smile:
Reply 39
Oxford: Computer Science BA (Maybe MSci, if thats the correct code for the masters on this course?)

Latest

Trending

Trending