The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

well ur jus not good enough like some of us im afraid and no they wudnt , they wud jus see you as well annoyin wunt they?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
beatleboar
well ur jus not good enough like some of us im afraid and no they wudnt , they wud jus see you as well annoyin wunt they?

haha..yh ur intellects just shinin through mate. i wudnt be so tight. know people who wer expected like 3 n 4 A's each but got rejection letters for medicine. can happen to the best of us ;-) nothin to worry about, maybe it just wasnt supposd to be..tasted failure (well in a sense), now get ready to taste success !!
Reply 3
josht111
I got rejected too. How do you get feedback? And no, they're decision is final.

How did someone like you get rejected?

You got 100% in your chosen subject at AS and great GCSES..what a joke man!
Loads of people get rejected for seemingly no reason. They won't give you a place just for annoying them.
josht111
Nice, Spelling.

What was wrong with mine?

You spelt 'their' wrong, choosing 'they're' instead of the correct 'their'.

If you are going to dedicate a whole post to poor spelling, you would be wise to check you own first.
I didn't wait long enough for a rejection from Bristol. They took too long so I cancelled. I don't like them now.
Reply 7
BJP
How did someone like you get rejected?

You got 100% in your chosen subject at AS and great GCSES..what a joke man!

It doesn't all go on grades
I got rejected from Bristol too, but an offer from Cambridge. Losers.

I don't suppose you go to a grammar school? I heard they hate grammars...
Why do people wish to be persnickety all the time it's actually rather disconcerting with average adolescent behaviour. Also I think the main problem with your applications is that factor that you may need lifes. However just a guess mind . :smile: but I dont want you to worry about me because i have 10A* and 2A's in GCSE and predicted AAAAA :smile: so there.
Reply 10
got mandem in my year that got into oxbridge but got rej from bristol
dont knwo why they do it it aint that great uni
saying that im turning down imp for it :biggrin:
Reply 11
just_max1234
I got rejected from Bristol too, but an offer from Cambridge. Losers.

I don't suppose you go to a grammar school? I heard they hate grammars...

Nope. It's got one of the highest proportions of private school students in the country.

To be honest, Civ. Eng is one of the most popular courses at bristol and they can't give everyone an offer even if they meet the grades. Sounds to me like you just got unlucky, I'm afraid.

Or possibly because you don't have Physics? Think they like it as an A level for engineering.
AnnabelleGC
I didn't wait long enough for a rejection from Bristol. They took too long so I cancelled. I don't like them now.

Both Bristol and Durham give out offers very late every year for law... why bother applying if you're just going to cancel? It's not like there was a big rush for anything...
Reply 13
Bristol reject a ton of people by the sounds of it, me included.
*sparkles*
Both Bristol and Durham give out offers very late every year for law... why bother applying if you're just going to cancel? It's not like there was a big rush for anything...

I cancelled because all the universities I applied to were going to give me AAA offers (if an offer at all). Once I had the two I really wanted (Oxford and LSE) I didn't see the point in waiting around for the others when they'd only give me the same offers or rejections. I applied to them in the first place to increase my chances of getting offers.
Reply 15
Bristol rejected you 'cos they didn't think you were right for their course...that's it...

There's been a load of threads on TSR bout people saying "I got rejected from Bristol, why?? My grades were good etc..." (not aimed at you OP) and then other people who got rejected say stuff like "Oh it's not a good uni anyway..." Yes, yes it is a good uni, with good departments...if you got rejected, they obviously thought you were not right for their course, don't get bitter, just accept it and move on. They get crap loads of applicants and sometimes they have to reject good ones.
MrGumby
Bristol rejected you 'cos they didn't think you were right for their course...that's it...

There's been a load of threads on TSR bout people saying "I got rejected from Bristol, why?? My grades were good etc..." (not aimed at you OP) and then other people who got rejected say stuff like "Oh it's not a good uni anyway..." Yes, yes it is a good uni, with good departments...if you got rejected, they obviously thought you were not right for their course, don't get bitter, just accept it and move on. They get crap loads of applicants and sometimes they have to reject good ones.

I guessed right that you got an offer from Bristol :tongue:
Reply 17
Why is Bristol so hard to get into? ive heard more then 10 times hearing people say they got rejected by them despite gettin predicted AAA, i mean they are not a top 5 uni in the UK infact they are ranked 31 in the guardian
josht111
I love you.

Someone's lovey this evening...:tongue:
Reply 19
AnnabelleGC
I guessed right that you got an offer from Bristol :tongue:

:tongue:

But if I got rejected, I wouldn't get bitter about it...I was expecting to get rejected. I would accept and respect the departments decision and not get all self righteous. It is true tho :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending