The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I'm surprised that some idiot hasn't rolled in and said Ireland
Who wants world peace? It'd just destory our planets economy.

All those people in the military supporting families. Having no jobs. Nothing to do. All those civilian companies on military contracts providing food/equipment/man power etc. Having no jobs. All those poor people in the BBC/CNN/SKY with nothing to repeat over and over 100 times a day.

War ftw.
with bush still in power, clearly US, now Israel might have quite good chances as well (supported by the US though^^)...
Reply 63
It's Israel for sure. What they are doing is horrific.
Reply 64
ChrisLincoln
Who wants world peace? It'd just destory our planets economy.

All those people in the military supporting families. Having no jobs. Nothing to do. All those civilian companies on military contracts providing food/equipment/man power etc. Having no jobs. All those poor people in the BBC/CNN/SKY with nothing to repeat over and over 100 times a day.

War ftw.

I'm not sure whether your comment was sarcastic or not, but anyway:
Who wants BBC/CNN/SKY reports on wars and deaths all the day? Who would want to know about the many single deaths by accident (which is not really related to world peace, but anyway...), like a teenager who died after he did something stupid? I believe there are many people out there yearning for more positive, optimistic news reports.
And in fact, war is what keeps those poor journalists busy on the same thing all the time...
Reply 65
Bubbles*de*Milo
Hey, if there's a war you'll have loads of work... think of the monies... :tongue:
That's only slightly less offensive because I'm not jewish, whatsmore, I get paid the same for working my arse off or sitting on it...
Reply 66
UniOfLife
That's the most logically inverted thinking I've seen in a while.

Why are Israel the biggest danger? Because the Islamist who pose a real world danger feed off Israel's wars of self-defence to gain more power to wreak more havoc. So why exactly is it Israel that poses the danger and not the Islamists (or Iran that backs them to the hilt?)

The question made no presumptions about "cause" or "who is right" merely threat to world peace. You are misunderstanding what was asked. The actions of Israel cause the most violence in the world, attacks and tensions. Clearly Israel is the greatest danger to world peace.
Renal
That's only slightly less offensive because I'm not jewish, whatsmore, I get paid the same for working my arse off or sitting on it...

Why do you always have to be so unpleasant (or is it just to me?)
That was in no way offensive, nor was it intended to be, as you well know.
Reply 68
UniOfLife
That's the most logically inverted thinking I've seen in a while.

Why are Israel the biggest danger? Because the Islamist who pose a real world danger feed off Israel's wars of self-defence to gain more power to wreak more havoc. So why exactly is it Israel that poses the danger and not the Islamists (or Iran that backs them to the hilt?)

watch what you say boy,
Israelis are living in middle east illegally, the land belongs to the palestinians. The same Palestinians that were chucked out and killed given poor food jobs etc. The world will not rest until the zionist movement is stopped and they leave the land. No one will forgive, no one will forget no matter how many innocent children are killed
BRAP!
RyanT
The question made no presumptions about "cause" or "who is right" merely threat to world peace. You are misunderstanding what was asked. The actions of Israel cause the most violence in the world, attacks and tensions. Clearly Israel is the greatest danger to world peace.

Erm, no. Clearly the Islamists who actually carry out the violent attacks are the greatest danger to world peace.

Or do you perhaps subscribe to the racist view that Islamists don't really have a choice, that they simply have to respond to Israel's actions with mindless and extreme violence against all sorts of people?
wazapee
watch what you say boy,
Israelis are living in middle east illegally, the land belongs to the palestinians. The same Palestinians that were chucked out and killed given poor food jobs etc. The world will not rest until the zionist movement is stopped and they leave the land. No one will forgive, no one will forget no matter how many innocent children are killed
BRAP!

I would suggest you learn some history, but I'm betting that'd be a waste of time.
Reply 71
DaneCook
Even dumber than killing over 600 civillians just to get to a few Hamas 'generals'.

Even dumber than hurling 6000 rockets at innocent men women and children just because they live in Israel, which Hamas want to destroy (read their charter for further details).
Reply 72
I thought this would be a serious discussion but really it's just more stupid 'I hate Israel/Palestine because my local fuhrer said they're like, evil capitalist pigs/terrorists man and they have spies in every major public body in the West/have innocent children sat around and there[sic] army/terrorists are actually KILLING PEOPLE oh no!' gash. Seriously now.
Reply 73
China
United States
Reply 74
Usa
Reply 75
Arda
It's Israel for sure. What they are doing is horrific.

Barack Obama: "If somebody was sending rockets into my house where my two daughters sleep at night, I'm going to do everything in my power to stop that. I would expect Israelis to do the same thing."

Civilian deaths are tragic, justifiable self defence is not. Using human shields and firing purposely from within crowded civilian areas to increase civilian loss of life is truly horrific.

By the way, take a look at this http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479940,00.html
Reply 76
UniOfLife
I would suggest you learn some history, but I'm betting that'd be a waste of time.

Boy, I know my history. 1947 etc etc. The land belongs to the chosen ones. Jews were exiled from the land. They also tried to kill jesus if i recall correctly.
BRAP!
The days of the biggest threat to world peace being an established nation are long gone.
Reply 78
Bhutan

But seriously, the Iran/Russia partnership. And Pakistan to an extent.
i would say New Zealand. they are crazy crazy crazy people.

Latest

Trending

Trending