The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
TRIGGER2121
i am going to birmingham in 2005 to study economics. i want to know what the best place to apply for in terms of accomdation. i want a place i will meet some asian girlz and a viberant social scene.

well maybe i read the accomodation form wrong but I didnt specify which place I wanted to stay in. You just put your preferred contract length and if you're a smoker etc etc.

I think because of the feature of Birmingham being a campus university most of the night life will be the same for all accomodation? Anyway the main part of Birmingham is only a 5 minute train journey away from the uni so you're sure to meet some asian girls there :rolleyes:
(you sound so like one of my boys, he's actually coming to visit me purely to meet Asian girls)

However maybe its best to ask one of the current Brum students directly, after all I know about as much as you do!
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
ClosetGinger
well maybe i read the accomodation form wrong but I didnt specify which place I wanted to stay in. You just put your preferred contract length and if you're a smoker etc etc.

I think because of the feature of Birmingham being a campus university most of the night life will be the same for all accomodation? Anyway the main part of Birmingham is only a 5 minute train journey away from the uni so you're sure to meet some asian girls there :rolleyes:
(you sound so like one of my boys, he's actually coming to visit me purely to meet Asian girls)

However maybe its best to ask one of the current Brum students directly, after all I know about as much as you do!

Yeah Tess is right...There wasn't an area on the accomodation form to choose an actual hall.

However, I was cheeky enough to put Elgar Court in the Extra Comments section :rolleyes:

Jason
haha! I wrote " i'm not really as anally retentive as this form makes me sound. Please don't put me with anyone weird. Check with my friends; i'm a fun person!!!"

I actually put that in the extra comments section.. they'll put me in a cardboard box for this i bet! :eek:
lol, i put a prefered hall in the extra comments too, its what everyone does so dont feel alone! its the only way to have a chance really! Lol, and coz i asked for parking im more likely to get the one i want.
Reply 5
Yeah I tried to make myself seem as late night/loud/not caring about loud noise late nights as possible so that they would put me in the best place for parties...
Reply 6
i know you've already done it now but...

seriously guys, every halls organises events and parties. and everyone in every halls goes out in town. there's about a 10 minute difference in travel times between all the halls. the majority really aren't all that far apart. you don't need to live in a 'late night, loud' flat to have a good time. in fact, i'd say the opposite. you can LEAVE your flat, GO OUT and have a good time, and then come home and actually get a decent nights sleep. know it sounds lame but my sister was in a catered hall last year and it was noisy every night. it just gets to you after a while.

i was in a self catered flat, and yeh, there were some pretty crazy nights, but it was also quiet enough to get to sleep, like when you have an exam the next day, or you just *gasp* want to go to sleep.
Reply 7
Hi there, quick question on behalf of a friend who is going to bham in september

Does pritchatts house usually have a fair number of undergrads, coz its the one hes most interested in but he's seen in some places that its mainly for postgrads?

Thanks
Reply 8
pritchatt's house is undergrads, as far as i'm aware.
I've put my first choice as Spinney and second Ashcroft - I like the short distance to the campus from Pritchatts park!
Helen.

email/MSN: [email protected] - contact me!
Reply 10
^ hey I'm doing economics at B'ham prob, when you applied how did you have a first and second choice ?!
If you went to the accomodation open day you could collect an extra form to put in with your accomodation application which asked you to list your preferences
Helen.
Reply 12
ohh i went, but didn't get a form! ah well, s'all good in the hood...
there is (or at least there was) the same form in PDF format online on the website -
there was a link on the university front page the last time I was on there.
Helen.

email/MSN: [email protected] - Contact me!

Latest

Trending

Trending