The Student Room Group

Absoloutly Sickening

I really have no other words to describe this. Had the complete horror of reading this in the local Sydney newspaper on the way to work this morning and I immediatly felt physically sick. I cannot believe there are still countrys in this world which would allow something like this to happen.

A Saudi judge sentenced an unmarried woman who maintained she was gang-raped to 100 lashes and a year in jail for adultery, a Saudi newspaper reported.

The Saudi Gazette said the 23-year-old woman "confessed" to having "forced intercourse" with a man who offered her a ride, along with four of his friends, in Jeddah, the Daily Mail reported Wednesday.

Authorities accused the woman of trying to obtain an abortion at the King Fahd Hospital for Armed Forces after learning she was pregnant as a result of the sexual attack.

A district court judge in Jeddah found the single woman guilty of adultery and ordered that she be flogged after the child is born, the Gazette said.

The Sydney news went into slightly more detail: She accepted a lift home, was drived to a house on the outskirts of town and was then gang raped all night by a group of 5 men. When she discovered that she was pregnant, she went to the hospital in desperate search of an abortion and instead found doctors who turned her over to the police.

How can anyone live in a country which would allow this? How the hell can any other country even attempt to defend a country like this? Honestly, why dont all women in these kind of countrys just leave en-mass and show the pathetic excuses of human men exactly how reliant they are on their oppositr sex and just how absoloutly moronic their sexist laws are.

Disgusting. And that's being very modest about my feelings towards that judge, that country and that entire way of life. May they all burn in eternal hell if there is such a thing.
Reue

How the hell can any other country even attempt to defend a country like this? Honestly, why dont all women in these kind of countrys just leave en-mass and show the pathetic excuses of human men exactly how reliant they are on their oppositr sex and just how absoloutly moronic their sexist laws are.

I doubt they really have much of a choice. Ignoring the fact that most of them won't have/won't be able to afford/won't be allowed a passport, look at the bordering countries: none of them would take too kindly to a bunch of women fleeing Saudi Arabia.

Sick, sad, and ****** up. So glad I don't live there.
Reply 2
In a far far far less degenerating way.

Even comming to Australia, a commonwealth country, shows how different things can actually be. Some of the rules and laws here are so discriminatory and sexist, they would never be allowed in britain, and rightly so. Job adverts here openly advise people to send in a photo with their CV as they will only be hiring 'good looking people'.
Reply 3
That is absolutely appalling

I am all for accepting other peoples cultures and traditions however I don't think that there is any justification for sentancing a woman who is pregnant having been gang raped to be whipped. She had no say so why blame her.

I think sickening just about describes this.
Reply 4
The country is run by hypocrites so what do you expect?
Reply 5
Reue
I really have no other words to describe this. Had the complete horror of reading this in the local Sydney newspaper on the way to work this morning and I immediatly felt physically sick. I cannot believe there are still countrys in this world which would allow something like this to happen.

A Saudi judge sentenced an unmarried woman who maintained she was gang-raped to 100 lashes and a year in jail for adultery, a Saudi newspaper reported.

The Saudi Gazette said the 23-year-old woman "confessed" to having "forced intercourse" with a man who offered her a ride, along with four of his friends, in Jeddah, the Daily Mail reported Wednesday.

Authorities accused the woman of trying to obtain an abortion at the King Fahd Hospital for Armed Forces after learning she was pregnant as a result of the sexual attack.

A district court judge in Jeddah found the single woman guilty of adultery and ordered that she be flogged after the child is born, the Gazette said.

The Sydney news went into slightly more detail: She accepted a lift home, was drived to a house on the outskirts of town and was then gang raped all night by a group of 5 men. When she discovered that she was pregnant, she went to the hospital in desperate search of an abortion and instead found doctors who turned her over to the police.

How can anyone live in a country which would allow this? How the hell can any other country even attempt to defend a country like this? Honestly, why dont all women in these kind of countrys just leave en-mass and show the pathetic excuses of human men exactly how reliant they are on their oppositr sex and just how absoloutly moronic their sexist laws are.

Disgusting. And that's being very modest about my feelings towards that judge, that country and that entire way of life. May they all burn in eternal hell if there is such a thing.

she was asking for it with her ass and boobs
Reply 6
Reue
In a far far far less degenerating way.

Even comming to Australia, a commonwealth country, shows how different things can actually be. Some of the rules and laws here are so discriminatory and sexist, they would never be allowed in britain, and rightly so. Job adverts here openly advise people to send in a photo with their CV as they will only be hiring 'good looking people'.
http://mises.org/story/3326
Reply 7
the west should definitely invade Saudi Arabia and impose secular democracy.

will never happen though because of the wealth of the Saudis, they probably want to keep them on side, and because invading the country where Islam's most holy sites are situated would lead almost every Islamic country into the war.

So looks like Saudi Arabia will forever get away with having a regime far more brutal and oppressive than Saddam had.
Nothing in Saudi Arabia surprises me. It is Shari'ah Law afterall...
Reply 9
Their laws against females are very extreme. No matter what the man always wins.

I read a similar news article about a 17 year old girl being sentenced to death after she was raped while she was not married.
Degenerate animals. Their religion was invented to oppress women. All religion is born from oppression I suppose.
BASTARDS. It makes my blood boil. I should count my blessings every day that I wasnt born there. But then I feel guilty for the women who wernt so lucky.
Reply 12
Speedbird2008
Nothing in Saudi Arabia surprises me. It is Shari'ah Law afterall...

Trust me that's not Shariah law...
Reply 13
Reue

sexist idiots ...
i feel soooo bad for that poor woman ... :frown:
i hope she's okay..
anyway, that country is full of ****ed up people :mad: ..
randdom
That is absolutely appalling

I am all for accepting other peoples cultures and traditions however I don't think that there is any justification for sentancing a woman who is pregnant having been gang raped to be whipped. She had no say so why blame her.

I think sickening just about describes this.

In some areas of the Middle East, a women is seen as being able to control their sexuality, whilst men (due to nightly emissions and erections) are seen as being unable to control their sexuality. Therefore a woman should remain chaste and avoid arousing the men.
Reply 15
Eep. Seriously ****** up.

Latest

Trending

Trending