The Student Room Group

Making a paper piano

I have a dilemma. It being Valentine's Day tomorrow, I had the genius idea that, considering both I and my girlfriend are pianists, I would make her a model piano out of paper. The fact that I have never gone further than folding paper into quarters didn't hold me back, for I had an Idea! So anyway, I bought the ingredients and returned to my house, all prepared for half an hour of hardcore paper folding, cutting and decorating. The plan was, I would make a cuboid for the base, a considerably smaller cuboid for the keyboard and then a kind of triangular prism or trapezoid prism for the top. These components would then be coated in gold tissue paper (the closest that could be found to brown) and put together in a reasonable likeness. However, I have now encountered difficulty. My first problem is that I have no idea how to make the top section, though I have coped well enough with the cuboids. My second is that I have realised I would quite like to wrap the whole thing in gold paper all at once, but I can't, and if I wrap components individually, they will end up with the triangles at the end that you get when you wrap. This, though, is a secondary problem compared to building the uppermost section of the piano, which is rather more vital. So, if anyone who has any idea on origami or happens to have engaged in a similar activity would like to contribute to the Valentine's gift, I would be very grateful :smile:
Reply 1
I can't really help you, I've never tried making one myself but that's cute :P I'm a pianist too. :bhangra:

Latest

Trending

Trending