The Student Room Group

Anyone speak pushto (pashto) here?

Scroll to see replies

ima pashtun from pakistan :tongue:
attock :eek: in the punjab :eek:
Hey guys, I think we should make a Pukhtoon society here:smile: It would get all the Pathans around here together. What d'you think...?
Original post by Chengis
That's right, its not Genghis Khan as most people say.

Not really, the language has roots in Persian (Indo-European language) i guess but Pashtuns don't identify themselves as Persians.....they are a seperate ethnic group.

Original post by starsdream2
My grandpops was born in Afghanistan apparently (No idea where) before migration to Norway. My other grandparents over the border, from somewhere which I only know as (Khattak kehl/Saleh Khana) since it's just a village near the border before coming to the UK.

Original post by Pataani
Hey starsdream2 you seem to be on here alot lol-maybe too much free time or summat?lol. I'm from your ends back home too...so did you get into Leeds uni or not?how old are you if you don't mind me askin...

Original post by LG1
Peshawar is beautiful and the people are amazing, kinda like the whole of Pakistan really. They also speak Pushto in Balochistan Province (which borders Afghanistan and Iran) as well as Khyber-Pukhtunkhwa (formally know as North West Frontier Province...or Sarhad)

Original post by maryamkhan
singa yeh zama runo ow kwhendo

Original post by bozagers
I'm Pathan and proud :smile: From Kandahar!

Original post by Believeandsucceed
Oww malaa pushto razeee

Original post by khorasaan
I don't mind learning a few words myself.

What I have learned so far:

Singa Ye
Noree Sa Kesee De
Kado Sar (Someone called me that I asked what it meant, "Pompkin Head&quot:wink: I don't even know why i was called that. My head is not even shapped like a pumpkin let along being called that. Anyways,

Da Kam Zai Ye?
Staso Nom Che She Dai?
Lewanee (Crazy only to a female)
Lewanay (cracy only to a male)

I have learned a lot so far and I try to conversate with pashto speaking people, I dated a girl who spoke pashto and that is how I ended up learning more about it.

Original post by prince_s9
da khabara ba de pa pukhto ke kare wa kana?

Assalamualaikum.
Zoya Khan invites you to the official Pukhtoon society here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1537
Original post by MGIL
:wink: :woo: anyone?

always wanted to learn it!

Original post by T kay
Yes I do. Not as fluently as I used to though. I just speak English now really.

Original post by Cowtipper
Yes.

Original post by LG1
BUMP

Hey does anyone know what this means?

Original post by ppbeard
yeh i speak pashto
and LG1
that means,
i am fine should i hit you?
LOL! who said that to you!?!

Original post by zjohn
Are there many pathans on TSR?

Original post by ppbeard
no idea! :biggrin:
find out xD

Original post by asdfg0987
A little.

Original post by Baka-chan
I can say.. 'Chaishkee' or something like that.

Most people in my family ie elders can speak Pashto fluently. I speak Dari flunetly though :biggrin:

Afghans should join the Afghan society!!!! Please!~ :biggrin:

You can join the Pukhtoon society here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1537
Reply 44
I am a low level Pashto speaker, most of my time was spent saying thankyou for chai and swapping sweets for bread, tax payers money well spent :biggrin:
I don't speak Pashto, I speak Urdu.
asalmu alaykum ,moe nomah 'tanner' der,za kho yum angris ow mata pashto razi,ze kho london england ke wasishum,ma sa pakhtoona malgarey shtah ,mata pashto sheyee,za kho kabul ta some yewah maysht ke ,chee cha sa saman we ze boh tata belticum
Reply 47
Original post by tannerTOAO
asalmu alaykum ,moe nomah 'tanner' der,za kho yum angris ow mata pashto razi,ze kho london england ke wasishum,ma sa pakhtoona malgarey shtah ,mata pashto sheyee,za kho kabul ta some yewah maysht ke ,chee cha sa saman we ze boh tata belticum

Wa-Alaikumusalam,
Khafa nashay kho staaso profile mi walide ao kam khabari ao karoona taaso chi kaway nu agha yao musalman ao pukhtoon sara na jurigi. Moong khalak di izzat ao haya khalak yew. Allah taaso la hidayat raaka, sara tol musalmanaan. Ameen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by uk97
Wa-Alaikumusalam,
Khafa nashay kho staaso profile mi walide ao kam khabari ao karoona taaso chi kaway nu agha yao musalman ao pukhtoon sara na jurigi. Moong khalak di izzat ao haya khalak yew. Allah taaso la hidayat raaka, sara tol musalmanaan. Ameen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ma s gunah carry da? ,allah mopey gurem!
Yep, I speak Pashto! My parents are Pathan
Reply 50
Original post by tannerTOAO
ma s gunah carry da? ,allah mopey gurem!

Preyda, bas Allah di moong tolo la hidayat raaki

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LG1
BUMP

zo tik yuma toh uwaya?

means "I am fine, how about you"
Original post by LG1
BUMP

Firstly that's not clear pashto whoever said that to you is mixing punjabi into it, which shouldn't be done. Secondly the person who claimed to speak pashto should have pointed that out let alone translating it wrong but never mind. It is said "Zo/za kha yam to wowaya/uwaya". And it means "I am well what about you?" :smile:
Original post by ppbeard
yeh i speak pashto
and LG1
that means,

lol i am 8 years late but it means I am good. How are you.
This means im Fine you say Meaning how are you
Reply 55
Means I’m fine how about you
Reply 56
I'm good, what about you ?
Verbitm translation, I'm cool, tell me about yourself ?

In Pashto the greeting sometimes may take a few minutes. You will ask, how are you, how is family, how are the little ones, hope your parents are good, what about relatives and friends, is everything good, I hope you are not sick, wish good health for you from Allah S. I'm very glad to see you again. Praise to Allah for keeping you that you are good. And finally you would ask how is everything else ? Then you have to do the same with the next person, even you already greeted them when you see them first.
Reply 57
Original post by ppbeard
yeh i speak pashto
and LG1
that means,

I thought thaso uwaya means like u say, lie I’m fine what about u
Reply 58
Original post by LG1
BUMP

It means I'm fine and you
Reply 59
Original post by LG1
BUMP

It means I'm fine and you (I'm fine and you tell me about yourself)

Quick Reply

Latest