The Student Room Group

unofficial letter with offer from uni???

dunno if this is silly but ..
2 days ago i got a letter from one of my unis saying they were offering me a conditional place and all that but on the top it said unofficial .
now, i went unto ucas track .. the offer isnt being shown on the page.
plus, ucas said that nothing is official until they notify you by track.
does this mean that they can change the status of that offer or something .. i'm kinda confused right now.
help? :confused:
Reply 1
wait it out
Well it pretty much means they intend to offer you a place, and hopefully they will honour this and it will come up on Track shortly.
Sounds like its a bit of a waiting game at the moment and sometimes these things can take a while to come through.

You are right though, the offer is only official once it is on Track.
Reply 3
call them up
Reply 4
yeah i'll prolly do that
thanks
Which university, by the way?
Reply 6
hull
are they known to do that?
i dont even know why i'm stressing...i've got the offers for the unis i want to go to but it was kinda bugging me lol
but yeah .. its hull that sent the letter
Reply 7
It can take two weeks or more for the official confirmation to show up on Track. If you've had a letter from Hull though pretty much saying they are going to make you an offer you would have grounds for contacting them and making a fuss if a rejection turned up instead! However, it is also true that unis can change offer conditions up until the point an offer is accepted as a firm or insurance, but they don't usually withdraw them. If you have accepted an offer as your firm or insurance, the uni can only change or withdraw it if there has been a material change to your application, eg you have dropped a subject.

Latest

Trending

Trending