The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yep, will be doing Motorsport Engineering at Oxford Brookes providing i get the grades :smile:

Where have you applied? I've applied to Brunel, Hertfordshire, City and Loughborough (Automotive) and ive managed to get all offers :biggrin:
Reply 2
:biggrin:

I only applied to Derby as I'm doing my access course there, have an offer provided I pass it :smile:

I should also be getting a seasons work experience with a team in the TVR Championship too just got to finalise things :biggrin:
Reply 3
im doing it at huddersfield or my backup choice is coventry
Reply 4
Hey Porscha.. Ive also applied for the motorsport technology course at derby uni, im also doing an access course.. I havent got a clue what derby uni is like for motorsport? I like the fact that its a 2yr foundation and after the 2yrs you can progress onto the full bsc.. as your already at derby any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
thanks
Reply 5
Hi!

I have been to the open day, the workshop facilities and staff are fantastic, lots of students have landed some great jobs when finished, you also have the choice to progress onto BSc Motorsport or a BEng Mechanical Engineering after your first two years.

The course is very practical you learn lots in the workshop and the uni has lots of outings. Lectures are delivered by classroom, workshop or computer lab.

They started the course in the year 2000 I believe so has been going for 9 years now :smile:

Lots of very happy students, derby as a uni is very friendly motorsport is at the Markeaton Street building one thing I will warn you on parking is a nightmare :frown:

Hope this helps any specific questions just give me a shout! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Thanks for that info.. after the 2 yr foundation can your progress onto the FINAL year of either the bsc motorsport or Beng mechanical engineering or do you start from the scratch?
thanks
Reply 7
Yes thats right after the two year FdSc you progress onto the final (year 3) or whatever you choose out of Motorsport or Mech Eng. :biggrin:
Reply 8
thats what i thort.... looks like your taking the same route as me.. hows your access course going?
Reply 9
My access course if going well :smile: Some bit a little boring though, Study Skills :lol: Doing Maths and Physics as my subject choices and enjoy them though :smile:!

Just can't wait to get started in September doing what I really want to do :smile:!

Have you an offer from Derby yet? Also applied elsewhere?
Reply 10
Yeh ive got a conditional offer just need to pass the access course... ive applied at oxford brookes, sheffield hallam, warwickshire college ( also 2yr foundation with the option to progress onto final year of a beng at cov uni) and birmingham uni.. mixture of automotive engineering with foundation year and motorsport courses.
Reply 11
:smile: The Oxford Brookes course is meant to be really good! If I could have afforded to move I would have applied to Oxford Brookes, don't know much about the others for Motorsport (apart from Derby of course!) :biggrin:

Latest