The Student Room Group

A few Bunac KAMP USA questions

I realise this may have been discussed before, but I searched and couldn't find answers to my specific questions.

So I decided I want to try Bunac's KAMP USA program this summer as it has a later start date than other programs (23rd june, the day after my last day of term haha). Does anyone know if they pretty much expect you to start that date? As in flights from that date?

And how likely would I be to actually be accepted fro a maintenance type role? I dont really have any work experience other than a few weeks in a reception. THeir form says rank your experience from 1 to 3 for various 'skills', so should I just put how well i think i can do those things? despite having no formal experience?

Also, their online application form seems to be broken as it says tick the posts you would be happy to do, but there are no ticks. Has anyone else seen this?

I think thats all the questions i have for now, some may come to me later though.

Thanks.
miiiiil
I realise this may have been discussed before, but I searched and couldn't find answers to my specific questions.

So I decided I want to try Bunac's KAMP USA program this summer as it has a later start date than other programs (23rd june, the day after my last day of term haha). Does anyone know if they pretty much expect you to start that date? As in flights from that date?

And how likely would I be to actually be accepted fro a maintenance type role? I dont really have any work experience other than a few weeks in a reception. THeir form says rank your experience from 1 to 3 for various 'skills', so should I just put how well i think i can do those things? despite having no formal experience?

Also, their online application form seems to be broken as it says tick the posts you would be happy to do, but there are no ticks. Has anyone else seen this?

I think thats all the questions i have for now, some may come to me later though.

Thanks.

June 23rd will be the last possible start date for the programme.

Some people on the KAMP programme will be hired to start working on the 01st June. Back in 2005, my last exam was on the 8th, and I flew on the 9th for a start on camp on the 10th.

The KAMP programme includes office work, so if you have some experience there then you should say so - camp's are always on the look out for people who can work in the camp admin building.

You really should have some experience for going in to maintainence roles though - but doesn't have to be formal experience; if you've done painting and decorating at home, then that's OK to score a 1 or a 2; for instance.

Can't answer the question about the online form, as I haven't seen it.

Latest