The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Were her AS grades unbelievably awesome?
Reply 2
Must be exceptional, at interview maybe or another area of the ucas application which stands out.
Reply 3
was the uni unbelievably crap?
lower universities usually give out unconditionals for those yet to take sit A2s...
good on her!
Reply 5
she did get an award for the highest coursework mark in a module which is based on her degree... but has got an interview and conditional offers for the rest. I did ring up pretending to be her and ask how her application was going (lol).
Reply 6
jelous much?
dark<>horizon
lower universities usually give out unconditionals for those yet to take sit A2s...
good on her!

No, not necessarily. I got 3 for Economics, including St Andrews (4th in the UK i believe) and York.
:biggrin:
Reply 8
yoshi_105
jelous much?

the edit button is not working. I called up prentending to be her to try (with her consent) and find out what was keeping the uni in making an offer lol. Why would I be jealous after all I finished uni ages ago.
Reply 9
1 Economic Historian
No, not necessarily. I got 3 for Economics, including St Andrews (4th in the UK i believe) and York.
:biggrin:

thanks... another idiot thinking they know it all was proven wrong.
Reply 10
Perhaps the course or department is important to the Universities in question and for some reason is seeing greatly reduced applicants this year, enough to potentially threaten funding. So as a result those that apply get elevated offers so a Conditional becomes an Unconditional, a second choice for a place becomes a conditional and so forth in order to increase the chances that enough people go through with starting the course just so they don't have to stop the course and loose funding or a contract..etc.

When I was originally going to go to Uni a couple of years ago I actually got accepted because of a similar issue hanging over the course in question. I didn't even have the relevant qualifications but got a conditional. Would've been Unconditional if I had L3 qualifications I suspect.

Latest

Trending

Trending