The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

xwardax
lol trust me theres more than that

I dont see why its so easy for israelis to ignore the 100's of orphans theyve left on their own. Im not a one side supporter and understand that there are some israelis that have been hurt and left as orphans or widows.

But for every 1 israeli that was attacked by hamas...there must 20 palestinians attacked by israel [totally made up figures but thats what it seems like]

please dont take this as an argument im just saying what i feel

all criticisms welcome :smile:

By your awful logic the weaker side is automatically the morally superior side. Which frankly, is retarded.
Reply 21
PeeWeeDan
By your awful logic the weaker side is automatically the morally superior side. Which frankly, is retarded.

Weaker? how typical

I reckon all wars are RETARDED now matter what the reason

so obviously the side that is suffering more e.g. innocent people dying even though they havent done anything ...is the morally superior side

I could say alot more...but im not a hot head like some :rolleyes:
xwardax
Weaker? how typical

I reckon all wars are RETARDED now matter what the reason

so obviously the side that is suffering more e.g. innocent people dying even though they havent done anything ...is the morally superior side

I could say alot more...but im not a hot head like some :rolleyes:

"Even though they haven't done anything"

Shoo, really... I'm trying to type this so it doesn't sound like I'm being a condescending ass... but you have absolutely no contribution to any discussion as you don't know anything.
Reply 23
"LRA combatants waited until people had come together for Christmas festivities and then hacked their victims to death with machetes and axes or crushed their skulls with clubs and heavy sticks."

Shudder. :frown:
Reply 24
PeeWeeDan

Agreed.

Just in case you're arguing against intervention in the Congo, however, I will say that whoever is right, noone deserves to be smashed to death by clubs.
Reply 25
PeeWeeDan
"Even though they haven't done anything"

Shoo, really... I'm trying to type this so it doesn't sound like I'm being a condescending ass... but you have absolutely no contribution to any discussion as you don't know anything.

I def know one thing

But I'm not going to say it here because im not as bitter as you :rolleyes:

Im leaving you to it, I just hope you open your eyes to see whats around you

But what can we expect off a.............................

:biggrin:
Reply 26
xwardax

Can I ask you to finish your sentence?
Reply 27
PeeWeeDan
I beg to differ. Whenever Israel does something wrong the Muslim population of TSR is up in arms. All the anti-Israel rallies around the country are populated by Muslims and hard left wingers. It is certainly an anti-Israeli sentiment, and screams of "Hamas! Hamas! Jews back to the gas!" is probably telling that this anti-Israeli sentiment is at least partially motivated by anti-semitism.

Totally agree with you there. Things get nasty quickly when it's the Jewish people. So nasty, in fact, that I can't help but conclude it's anti-semitism rearing its ugly head.
Reply 28
xwardax
I def know one thing

But I'm not going to say it here because im not as bitter as you :rolleyes:

Im leaving you to it, I just hope you open your eyes to see whats around you

there are more jews here than peeweedan.

don't worry, i'll be negging you as quickly as possible.
Folderol
Can I ask you to finish your sentence?

I don't think she meant Jew... I think she just meant *insert series of expletives here*. Well I hope so.
Reply 30
Just to clear it up...the last bit isnt anything racist
Reply 31
These kinds of threads are just as bad as the non-existent Congo threads that the OP's complaining about though. If Muslims, or no, feel like they want to talk about Israel they will. If you want to talk about the Congo then you should start up a thread about that. It's their choice.

Seriously, how many of these people you're protesting against know about the Congo? I doubt many do! Why not discuss it yourself if you're concerned about it. More people here are concerned about the crisis in Palestine, that's truth and that's how it's going to be. Making a thread like this just makes you look bad. That's why you get people accusing you of trying to deflect attention. Why not do it properly if you want to deflect attention and actually discuss the Congo instead of discussing why pro-Palestinians and muslims don't want to discuss the Congo?

People, especially Europeans and the younger generation of Brits, see the fact that Israel is equipped and sponsored by America, killing poor people and that's quite a big message being sent out to these people. The fact that during the first weeks, the US failed to call for a ceasefire - whether that's right or wrong is irrelevant, because the rest of the nations in the world wanted one.

I think Israel will be judged on higher standards because of the fact that it's a more developed country, it's practically sponsored by the world's biggest superpower, it's just the way it is. Just accept it. Alright, i understand if you want to protest against Israel being judged by a morally higher standard (cos I don't know why it's fundamentally achieved that status myself), but just popping up and randomly posting links to other stories does no justice to you or the poor people in that story. It's as if you're just using it as a tool. If you're serious, go ahead and make threads to discuss it.

On the other hand, I agree with other posters saying that it comes from a deeper resentment of Israel and that is another reason - that is another part of it, undoubtedly. It's just the way it is and is a little sad, too. I've worked extensively in Europe with young people on political and social issues and, tbh, this is a quite a big trend from my experience, especially amongst young people.

I've found that the older generation in Europe is more neutral on the issue of the conflict but the younger generation isn't. I've found that the vast majority of students i've met (in countries such as France, German, Italy, Turkey etc) have a more anti-Israel stance now as the generations pass, and i'm sure a lot of you know that it's the case in this country as well, and the real story is that the vast majority of these people aren't even muslims - but that's another issue.
What another 'your massacre penis is bigger than my massacre penis' thread? :sigh:
Reply 33
Neville 'Facking' Bartos
What another 'your massacre penis is bigger than my massacre penis' thread? :sigh:

Reply 34
Made in the USA
Europeans hold Israel to a higher standard and love to criticize it. It's the same thing with the United States. Look at how a prison full of terrorists on an island became such an international PR nightmare for the US. It doesn't matter that there are bigger issues around the world than gitmo.

My advice to Israel is to just forget about the Europe. Europe is always going to criticize and find fault with everything America or Israel does. The worst thing Israel could do is elect a limp-wristed that is only interested in pleasing Europe instead of the electorate.

I completely agree. Sitting with a bunch of "new left" type people I became increasingly irritated as they went on about how they wouldn't buy produce from Israel and how America is "the most evil country on Earth". They need to take a long hard look at other countries...
Reply 35
borismor
This is not the question. Rather, the question is:

"Why do concentrate only on this crisis?"

because israel is supposed to be a civilised, first-world nation.
Reply 36
xwardax
lol trust me theres more than that

I dont see why its so easy for israelis to ignore the 100's of orphans theyve left on their own. Im not a one side supporter and understand that there are some israelis that have been hurt and left as orphans or widows.

But for every 1 israeli that was attacked by hamas...there must 20 palestinians attacked by israel [totally made up figures but thats what it seems like]

please dont take this as an argument im just saying what i feel

all criticisms welcome :smile:

:lolwut:
Reply 37
Bateman
do you really need to ask?
It's because Israel is a developed country, it is a democracy, it has good internal human rights etc. etc.

The things is, though, that so many of the writers in TSR simply call to destroy Israel. See the thread: "Has Israel forfeited it's right to exist?"

One cannot expect Israel to take one's criticism seriously while he's calling to destroy it, can he?

the congo rebels aren't human, who do we protest against? all we can do is hope the un does something about it.

And you can certainly protest against UN's incompetence.

Israel on the other hand, we can protest against.

Only to the extent to which your protest is taken by Israel as an honest one, though.
Reply 38
curryADD
"LRA combatants waited until people had come together for Christmas festivities and then hacked their victims to death with machetes and axes or crushed their skulls with clubs and heavy sticks."

Shudder. :frown:

Which brings up another point. Israel has been criticized for killing civilians in the recent operation in Gaza.

Given the fact that a bunch of primitive barbarians killed about twice as much civilians in just about the same time, using the most primitive of weapons,
doesn't that show that perhaps Israel made an honest effort to avoid civilian casualties?
Yuffie
I completely agree. Sitting with a bunch of "new left" type people I became increasingly irritated as they went on about how they wouldn't buy produce from Israel and how America is "the most evil country on Earth". They need to take a long hard look at other countries...

To be fair anyone studying IR would be able to tell you that America has its hands in literally every pie. So its not too hard to say America is the most evil country on earth - if you tot up all the things its done over the last 50 years it easily wins.

Latest

Trending

Trending