The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

curryADD
Er. What? :rolleyes:

Conservative Christianity is hardly a good thing, is it?
Tell me about it, people here on TSR and Britain are falling over each other to have a shot at Israel.
It's always diverting away from Israel. Away from Israel... It's never the other way around.

Israel isn't as bad, Israel isn't as bad.

That is worse, talk about that. We don't care about that but talk about that.

Don't criticise our country, look at them! They've killed MORE! We are more moral! LOOK AT US.

Don't ever talk about us. Because we are not as bad. We don't actually care about those dying in Congo, but we care that you care about Palestinians and innocent human life.

LOOK THE OTHER WAY. Close your eyes.
Reply 83
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
The mistake here is comparing a plural of nations with the US - I was treating each state as discrete entities and so does IR for a lot of the time.

Yeah but tbh most of this stuff is outside of living memory. Its by and large the US who are running around the world and invading places now - no one else really has been doing it much over the last 20 years.

Most creators of policy know their history, and thus, american imperialism can't largely be separated from european imperialism, as from one came the other.
curryADD
Most creators of policy know their history, and thus, american imperialism can't largely be separated from european imperialism, as from one came the other.

The difference is we have pretty much abandoned that policy, on the other hand the US hasn't.
Reply 85
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
Conservative Christianity is hardly a good thing, is it?

I wouldn't say that conservative christianity is what holds the nation together. The Judeo-Christian tradition, yes. However, if you're trying to say that most of us are Westboro Baptist members you're very, very wrong. Many Americans are evangelicals, but that isn't what we have in common as Americans.

However, I definitely take issue with your jab at "Conservative Christians." If America today is an example of how "Conservative Christianity" has gone wrong, then I'm not entirely sure how that can be misconstrued into a bad thing.
Reply 86
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
The difference is we have pretty much abandoned that policy, on the other hand the US hasn't.

Only because WW1 and WW2 made it impossible to finance. :rolleyes:

I fail how to see how that gives European countries the moral high-ground.
Reply 87
anyway, i get walking to go grocery shopping at my local co-op with only locally grown, organic foods.

america is such a terrible place, indeed.
curryADD
I wouldn't say that conservative christianity is what holds the nation together. The Judeo-Christian tradition, yes. However, if you're trying to say that most of us are Westboro Baptist members you're very, very wrong. Many Americans are evangelicals, but that isn't what we have in common as Americans.

However, I definitely take issue with your jab at "Conservative Christians." If America today is an example of how "Conservative Christianity" has gone wrong, then I'm not entirely sure how that can be misconstrued into a bad thing.

Bush? Which the majority of the US population voted in twice. If that is not a problem, I really don't know what is.
curryADD
Only because WW1 and WW2 made it impossible to finance. :rolleyes:

I fail how to see how that gives European countries the moral high-ground.

The fact is that in the modern era, we don't have empires. On the other hand the US is building and maintaining one, even now. *wonders why people think the US is evil* :rolleyes:
curryADD
america is such a terrible place, indeed.

After Israel-bashing, America-bashing is Europe's favorite past-time.
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
The fact is that in the modern era, we don't have empires. On the other hand the US is building and maintaining one, even now. *wonders why people think the US is evil* :rolleyes:

What empire?
This is just a dirty perverted attempt to try and hide Israel's inhumane and terrorist actions.

Make threads about Congo instead of wasting your time defending Israel's war crimes. You disgust me.
farhan
This is just a dirty perverted attempt to try and hide Israel's inhumane and terrorist actions.

Make threads about Congo instead of wasting your time defending Israel's war crimes. You disgust me.

The usual Islamist rant.
Reply 94
farhan
It's always diverting away from Israel. Away from Israel... It's never the other way around.

Israel isn't as bad, Israel isn't as bad.

That is worse, talk about that. We don't care about that but talk about that.

Don't criticise our country, look at them! They've killed MORE! We are more moral! LOOK AT US.

Don't ever talk about us. Because we are not as bad. We don't actually care about those dying in Congo, but we care that you care about Palestinians and innocent human life.

LOOK THE OTHER WAY. Close your eyes.

Good poetry :smile: (not meaning to belittle your post, I'm saying it sincerely)

Sort of like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcT3V-U3RUg

Like it?
jamessimth5
What empire?

Google US Hegemony :smile:
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
Google US Hegemony :smile:

Who would you rather fill the void of superpower?
jamessimth5
Who would you rather fill the void of superpower?

No one preferably - I prefer a multipolar system.
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
No one preferably - I prefer a multipolar system.

What like the one that existed prior to World War One and Two?
jamessimth5
What like the one that existed prior to World War One and Two?

Not quite - preferably a more balanced system.

Latest

Trending

Trending