The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mmmmmm, some essays can be fun to write especially if they involve topics you're personally interested in, for example I quite enjoyed writing my history essays in GCSE and the essay I did for my school's "People who are applying for Oxbridge" Physics essay competition in which I wrote about the human immune system which kind of stood out from all the quantum, maths and mechanical essays. However I don't actually write them for "fun" since i actually need a reason to write them (i.e. for homework/ some random competition etc), I don't really suddenly feel the desire to write essays at a given moment in time.....
most definately not!!
Reply 62
no, not really. I write my thoughts in my diary, and I annotate books as I read or at the end of chapters. I enjoy writing essays, but I think doing it just for fun and for your own amusement is quite strange.
necessarily benevolent
I feel so alone and solitary with regards to this matter (in real life I mean) :sad: I thought, if there's anywhere that I'll find people who get random ideas in the middle of night, and feel the need to relay these ideas on paper, it'll be my beloved TSR. :love:

So, do any of you get random ideas (mainly concerning History :cool:) and write essays about them for fun? Or am I just weird? :yep:

:tsr:

I hope its well-researched and fully referenced :cool: !
Reply 64
I dont think it's strange in the slightest, essays can be published and everything, look at george orwell, ive got 4 books full of his essays, and theres loads more, so if you enjoy doing it then that's really cool I think.

I probably would write them for fun if i didnt have enough to write for my college work!
lol....no
Reply 66
xxjesspembyxx
lol....no

haha, your profile says it all
Reply 67
necessarily benevolent
I feel so alone and solitary with regards to this matter (in real life I mean) :sad: I thought, if there's anywhere that I'll find people who get random ideas in the middle of night, and feel the need to relay these ideas on paper, it'll be my beloved TSR. :love:

So, do any of you get random ideas (mainly concerning History :cool:) and write essays about them for fun? Or am I just weird? :yep:

I'd refer you to musicbloke, but he probably wouldn't appreciate that.
Millmill
haha, your profile says it all

Was that necessary? :haughty:
Reply 69
I don't have much spare time to write essays "for fun".
Reply 70
necessarily benevolent
Was that necessary? :haughty:

Sometimes benevolence isn't necessary.
necessarily benevolent

Well I think its great; the best students are those who are most interested in what they do.

Whether I do it...well not essays as such, I'm doing Electrical & Electronic Engineering, I do however often come up with ideas for systems or circuits which I then go on to design, which I guess is loosely similar to what you do...
IeuanF
NB - you should write an essay about your experiences of going from being an arrogant Oxford obsessed tsr tart to being a relatively well-adjusted normal tsr-ian. Do it from a Marxist perspective.

:ninja:

Plus, I didn't know I was arrogant? :confused: Insecure if anything. :eek3:
necessarily benevolent

So, do any of you get random ideas (mainly concerning History :cool:) and write essays about them for fun?

Er, no.

necessarily benevolent
Or am I just weird?

Er, yeah!:rolleyes:
necessarily benevolent
Plus, I didn't know I was arrogant? :confused: Insecure if anything. :eek3:

Arrogance being used to cover up your insecurity, I'd say.
IeuanF
Arrogance being used to cover up your insecurity, I'd say.

I can't remember that much of back then, but I think I was misinterpreted on occasions. :yes:
Reply 76
You sound like a complete mong. Why would anybody want to waste valuable free research and investigative time to write a boring essay, especially about history?
Reply 77
I don't write essays for fun but I do sometimes enjoy writing the essays I have to do, particularly my history coursework where I got to choose my own topic and study a part of history that really appealed to me.
Reply 78
No I don't write essays in my spare time.

I do enjoy writing essays, reports, and all that business. But I only do it if I have a reason to relay information to others. Most of the time that takes the form of academic work, but occasionally, yes, it does involve social things.

I do, however, keep several notebooks for jotting down notes of ideas I have. Some of them are DIY ideas. Some of them are musical ideas. Lyrics. Some of them are innovative ideas. Product design ideas, etc. Most of them never materialise because I don't have the time. But it's nice to have ideas, and you never know when a scrap page from a logbook from years ago will bring me my millions!
It's absolutely fine...
but you must have far too much time on your hands!

Latest

Trending

Trending