The Student Room Group

Accommodation Confused.

Ok, so let's get things straight.

I've been in this country for quite some time, lived both in halls and homes.

So, next year, I'm starting another degree.

And here comes the big question. Apply to halls or go for private rented accommodation.

Sure, I pretty much know the pros and cons of both. I've read some terrible stories about house sharings and I haven't had the best experience myself. However, my housemates were always respecting a few basic things. Even if we didn't hang out together much, we all had some sort of responsibility when it came to cleaning, music, food and such.

Now, that I'm gonna move to London, I need to be staying in a specific location, where my university doesn't provide halls. (And no, cost isn't much of an affecting factor for that).

However, as I don't wanna end up in a massive city, being alone and lonely, I'm considering halls, even if I'll have to commute for other things.

But now here comes another big problem. I'm 6'6''. So I can't fit into the halls's beds! Anyone know of any double-room halls with NORMAL prices? I don't mind paying a bit more, but NiDo for example in Kings Cross charge you LOADS for what you get. And the guest thing is a big issue to me cause I tend to get visitors quite often.

Also, I need to get myself somewhere where I can actually have a chat with the people I live with and go out/do stuff generally. I think loneliness is what matters most to me.

Does anyone know anything about UAL housing? Or if they can support you in finding housemates? Or should I just stick in the halls and shut it?

Thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending