The Student Room Group
Definetly english literature. Nothing to help you understand the way people think like literary examples...
Biology will prove useless in this field, unless you enjoy the subject.
Maths is also nothing to do with it.
Definetly Religious Studies, since you actually do a few sociology and psychology modules.
History of Art could also be very helpful, especially when you begin to look at the post freudian stuff ie surrealists + dada
Are you good at biology?
I reckon having another science will help your university application when you come to apply.
Reply 3
errr something your good at/like
I do philosophy and ethics(religious studies), sociology and psychology. They're great subjects and all overlap, which means less work :smile:
Also consider english language, that would be a good choice as it's a bit more traditional.
Reply 5
Biology if you are good at it, to round off your study with three sciencey subjects, English Literature, Politics or Art (if you like Art)? What others in this thread have suggested.
Reply 6
I would have thought philosophy/RE, English & possibly a science- not sure on the science though
Def RE.
Reply 7
To do psychology it is recommended that you do some A-level science actually, I would say chemistry, biology, RS / philosophy + ethics, and then your fourth choice can be psychology if you're interested in it at A-level too. If you don't want to do two sciences, drop one (chemistry if you say you were considering biology) and do history or English lit.

Sociology is considered a weak A-level so there is no need to do that.
I would say Biology for sure. (It's not required, but I would recommend it)
and then any other one, maybe english??

Infact, it really doesn't matter, you don't even need to do Psychology.
Reply 9
English language/literature and biology are both good choices, I think. Taking a science subject will introduce some variety into your options, as all the others are essay-based and biology goes quite well with pyschology, too.
I do Psychology A2 at the moment and have applied to do it at University- my other AS choices were Maths,History,and English Literature.I disagree with the previous post about maths,the statistics element of maths is quite key to Psychology especially at degree level as I have been told on Uni open days-however if you don't feel capabable of doing it then don't.Biology would be a good choice because many Psychology degrees ask for 1 science subject, and if you have 1 or 2 some will lower the grade requirements! Biology would also be good because it's a more traditional subject, other than you might want to consider Eng Lang or Lit or Religious Studies.The most important thing I would say though is pick subjects you are good at and enjoy! :biggrin:
Reply 11
biology does link in well with psychology though when you are carrying out experiments you have to do a statistical test on your results at which point maths does come in handy but so long as you get the basic gist of what to do from your teacher you can get away without doing maths a level though it always helps
Reply 12
I'm not being funny, but you need to stop with these threads. I'm beginning to think you're a troll...
BlondieJadey
I want to be a psychologist when i'm older.
I'm not very good at maths. But was considering english language and biology? :confused:

How about you stop making threads which are asking basically the same question? Just keep your options stuff in one thread. There is no need to make these threads in such a small space of time:

"What A-level options would go with sociology and psychology?"
"Sociology, pyschology, english language.."
"Should I do sociology and physcology ALEVELS or are they too similar?"

:troll:
I'd say Biology and maybe a English or a foreign language.
Reply 15
I did Psych, Sociology, Law and English Lit in my first year, and they went together well. I think Maths/Biology would be good to take as well.
Reply 16
Religious Studies Deffo
The History/ eng lang/ Biology (it may prove in your favour when applying to uni to have a traditional science subject thus Bio)

Latest