The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
She claims that nothing in the song being ironic is what is ironic about the song. I think she just pwned herself, personally, and is refusing to admit it.

Perhaps I have far too much faith in humanity, but given how blindingly stupid you'd have to be to think that anything there was ironic, I maintain that the song has to be meta. It just has to.
Reply 41
At their next staff meeting, heads will roll:biggrin:
Reply 43
Couple thing OP,

Don't bring Muslim into it trying to make out it was a crime committed because of his religious beliefs, you stated yourself "domestic violence" that is nothing to do with religion. Domestic violence and its consequences such as murder can and have happened in all religions and races. You're just a racist trying to latch onto the media propaganda bandwagon. Look at the context, just because he was a so called muslim (killing innocent people in islam is a major sin) doesn't mean you have to relate it to the incident, people like you divide muslims and non muslims and create tension and hate.

secondly, cite your source, where you got the news from.
Reply 44
unbelievable. yeah just go kill your wife who is the mother of two little kids..what is wrong with this world? he should hang his head in shame.
Reply 45
Now that's a guy who can't deal with rejection.
jawads
Couple thing OP,

Don't bring Muslim into it trying to make out it was a crime committed because of his religious beliefs, you stated yourself "domestic violence" that is nothing to do with religion. Domestic violence and its consequences such as murder can and have happened in all religions and races. You're just a racist trying to latch onto the media propaganda bandwagon. Look at the context, just because he was a so called muslim (killing innocent people in islam is a major sin) doesn't mean you have to relate it to the incident, people like you divide muslims and non muslims and create tension and hate.

secondly, cite your source, where you got the news from.

I love how quickly Muslims throw around the term 'racist' as soon as their religion is questioned, because they know that it's a highly charged word and that white people are more susceptible to being damaged by it than minorities.

The fact of the matter is that it has nothing to do with race; I'm sure people of Arabic origin are born equally as prone to violence as any other human being. It's the Islamic culture that they immerse themselves in which brings about horror stories such as this.
Reply 47
FyreFight
I love how quickly Muslims throw around the term 'racist' as soon as their religion is questioned, because they know that it's a highly charged word and that white people are more susceptible to being damaged by it than minorities.

The fact of the matter is that it has nothing to do with race; I'm sure people of Arabic origin are born equally as prone to violence as any other human being. It's the Islamic culture that they immerse themselves in which brings about horror stories such as this.

Islam preaches peace not this barbaric beheading.
ahh irony the wry amusement of the masses
I don't understand why him being Muslim meant he beheaded her? Is it actually relevant to the story? (Genuine question, not playing devils advocate).

If not; then why is it ironic? They'd be two independent statements.
Reply 50
I love how everyone is jumping the gun when theres no clear cut evidence he did it. Goes to show how much people love to jump on the bandwagon :rollseyes:

First of all hes only been "accused", and people automatically think domestic abuse entails physical abuse straight away, thought of verbal doesn't even come across. Also I love how the body magically appears at the TV station :rollseyes:, the place where he worked to stop the stereotypes, I'm pretty sure TV boss' aren't that stupid - the fact you have no account of what his story is speaks volumes.

It just seems to me its all been tied in a nice little anti-Islamic bow.
Reply 51
Idiot
Reply 52
asshole64
can u tell her to get me one of those cool black ninja costumes?

theres no need to be a knob:smile:
Hmughal
Islam preaches peace not this barbaric beheading.

No it does not. Some preachers do, others preach how it is right to kill, and that God will reward you.
Reply 54
icicle_100
No it does not. Some preachers do, others preach how it is right to kill, and that God will reward you.

So in your mind, preachers = God?
Meus
So in your mind, preachers = God?

no, im not saying someone who stands in front of a group of people with a "Holy book" written who knows how long ago and hasnt been updated since is God. Don't know where you got that from.
I'm just saying they twist the truth to suit and fuel their hatred/anger towards things
Reply 56
icicle_100
no, im not saying someone who stands in front of a group of people with a "Holy book" written who knows how long ago and hasnt been updated since is God. Don't know where you got that from.
I'm just saying they twist the truth to suit and fuel their hatred/anger towards things

You said "No it does not" to his 'Islam preaches peace' line, and then went on to describe the actions of some clerics. So you actually meant, that some clerics preach hatred? I don't see how that's relevant to what Islam actually teaches then if they are "twisting" it
Meus
You said "No it does not" to his 'Islam preaches peace' line, and then went on to describe the actions of some clerics. So you actually meant, that some clerics preach hatred? I don't see how that's relevant to what Islam actually teaches then if they are "twisting" it

Correct me if I am being stupid, but the way I see it, Islam is not God either.
I agree, i was always told that the first thing the Koran teaches is peace.
But today, people who teach islam to others are not necessarily making this very clear. And if these people are ileducated etc, they are not going to read their holy book, but merely drink up every word as if it was the final truth.
Reply 58
icicle_100
Correct me if I am being stupid, but the way I see it, Islam is not God either.
I agree, i was always told that the first thing the Koran teaches is peace.
But today, people who teach islam to others are not necessarily making this very clear. And if these people are ileducated etc, they are not going to read their holy book, but merely drink up every word as if it was the final truth.

The way I see it is that Islam is the final word of God and hence the true faith God has proclaimed for us so then naturally people teach it. That is one separate thing. Clerics, or others, preaching a contradictory theme to what Islam teaches has no bearing on the content of Islam itself, the very fact that it goes against what it says should be enough to not associate the two. And that's why they are a separate issue if we're talking about content of religion.

Although it is Islam today that is being used in a hateful way by some, it's not a new thing. Religious beliefs in the past have triggered deaths of innocents and used to breed hatred. For the sake of avoiding controversy, it's important to note that what people can do in the name of religion isn't neccessarily what the religion wants them to do.
Meus
The way I see it is that Islam is the final word of God and hence the true faith God has proclaimed for us so then naturally people teach it. That is one separate thing. Clerics, or others, preaching a contradictory theme to what Islam teaches has no bearing on the content of Islam itself, the very fact that it goes against what it says should be enough to not associate the two. And that's why they are a separate issue if we're talking about content of religion.

Although it is Islam today that is being used in a hateful way by some, it's not a new thing. Religious beliefs in the past have triggered deaths of innocents and used to breed hatred. For the sake of avoiding controversy, it's important to note that what people can do in the name of religion isn't neccessarily what the religion wants them to do.

urgh... how did i guess that it was going to a "stop picking on muslims, other religions have tortured them in the past" type of conversation.