The Student Room Group
Reply 1
mammamia:0
My history teacher is bugging me to go on some trip to the Imperial War museum in London. I live near liverpool and would have to get the train. The problem is I am absoloutely petrified of trains and the london underground in particular and so I really dont want to go.
She seems to think it will damage my grade if I dont go!!! I got an A* in my mock and really dont think it will.
I am doing GCSE level btw.

lol, no! If anything, you could take the trip time to revise and im very sure that thais would me much more beneficial to your grades that going on a trip to a museum! BUT, it may be a good experience to conquer your train fears :yes:
It won't damage your grade (that was a ridiculous unfounded thing for your teacher to say) but it's a very good experience nonetheless. If I recall there's a very good trench reconstruction. I went when I was about 13 and had to walk around myself because my brother went crazy in the vestibule or something. :lolwut:
I don't think it would ultimately benefit your grade, but it's really worthwhile going, there's loads of things there and it would be a good experience. I went not so long ago, there's some interesting new things there now aswell.
Reply 4
It won't benefit your grade - learning all the facts and practicing essay writing will! I got an A* without going. But since then I have been twice and it is a brilliant experience! Would definately recommend going but if you are very frightened of trains etc and aren't keen then don't worry about it! I'm sure there's time in the future that you could go.

Latest

Trending

Trending