The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ukebert

EDIT: Almost forgot. Congratulations to Craggy for winning the last thread :biggrin:

Spoiler

OMG James only posted 12 times :eek:

Llamaaa
:smile:

Happy Birthday!
See you later, although I'll be a little late cos I have circuits at 6:30.
Reply 81
scarlet ibis

:sadnod:

I didn't fall to sleep in structures :biggrin:

I might have fallen to sleep in materials though. Seriously, I am tireder than I have been this term and I have a supervision this afternoon. I fancy really really screwing up my sleeping patterns today...
scarlet ibis

He's moved on... :frown:
Reply 83
brimstone
Then why post then :s:

I didn't realise doing so would create such a stir...and I'm much more used to just typing something and then pressing post than going to thread tools and choosing "subscribe to this thread". I had considered posting some inane and banal comment but thought I'd just be honest about my intentions. Won't make that mistake again :tongue:
Athena
I thought threads got to 20,000 before they were close? :confused:

Nope. Certainly not in my experience. Go ask in minimod's.
It's 10,000 athena, it always has been.
Craghyrax
RP? :eyeball: And yes, seriously.

RP = recieved pronunciation, it's just the name for "BBC English"-type dialect.
generalebriety
Hmph. I'd hope I spoke German with a German accent, but in reality, probably not. :tongue: I've been told I'm indistinguishable from a native speaker (in terms of pronunciation) before, but then I've also been given lists of things I do wrong. I have no idea - I just know I sound slightly clumsy when I speak German, but then I think I sound slightly clumsy when I speak English.

A native speaker once told me I spoke (one of the only sentences I know of) Mandarin with a Japanese accent. I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not... :tongue:
Drat. Forgot about an overnight loan book.
Oh dear.
Reply 88
Happy birthday LLamaaaaaaaaaaaaa :woo:

Have fun tonight!
Craghyrax
Drat. Forgot about an overnight loan book.
Oh dear.

Forgot about two, that were due in on Monday.

That makes... £3 of fines. Dammit.
That's pretty good! Our overnight fines are 40pence an hour.
I'm off. minimo and llamaa: Work's looking quite bad. If I come it will probably be for a bit later on. minimo please keep your phone near you so I can call and join you if I get a chance.
Reply 92
Arrgh. I have to start and complete an examples paper that I do not understand by 5pm on Friday. It will mean that my weekend will be a little more free, but it does mean that I basically only have tomorrow afternoon (and what parts of today I am awake for) to do it.
Seriously, my supervision is on Monday and he says that he wants them in by 5pm the day before, that is Friday when the super is on Monday. Who in Cambridge doesn't work on Weekends?

*rants*

Athena
I thought threads got to 20,000 before they were close? :confused:

Some of the really early mammoth threads were closed after 20,000 but it's been 10,000 for as long as I can remember.
Reply 93
Craghyrax
I'm off. minimo and llamaa: Work's looking quite bad. If I come it will probably be for a bit later on. minimo please keep your phone near you so I can call and join you if I get a chance.

sure x

I revise saying I was having a good day. I feel decidedly poo now - not looking forward to 2 hou seminar either
Reply 94
minimo
sure x

I revise saying I was having a good day. I feel decidedly poo now - not looking forward to 2 hou seminar either

^ :frown:

I was going to do something similar to Craggy - providing I get 50% of my essay done, I'll text you to see what's happening tonight :biggrin:
Reply 95
whaaat, i just got an email saying a scurvy dog called helen called off me grog fest. dont cancel llammaaaa
Reply 96
FadedJade
It's 10,000 athena, it always has been.

Nope, it used to be 20,000 then it got changed.
Reply 97
Scipio90
I see what you did there :tongue:

me too! :tongue:
I just woke up :frown:
Reply 99
Why can't I go back to sleep? :sad: Why do I have to have a supervision?

I'm still feeling unwell. I'm hoping that having a nap this afternoon will cure that.

Latest

Trending

Trending