Egham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

if got BBB, History and Politics..
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
im possibly looking at RH for entry in 2006 for History.

If anyone's got a place for history - what were your entry requirments. Im just wondering if i would stand a chance of being offered a place!!
Reply 22
If I get ABC, Politics & IR
Reply 23
Bbb/abc
Reply 24
vickytoria77
im possibly looking at RH for entry in 2006 for History.

If anyone's got a place for history - what were your entry requirments. Im just wondering if i would stand a chance of being offered a place!!

Depends. I got offered ABB but some people have got offers of BBB and one or two lucky, lucky ppl got offered EE :eek:

ABB seems to be the most common though, good luck if ya decide to apply :biggrin:
Hopefully, if i get the grades, i should be starting psychology. :smile:
Reply 26
I've got Royal Holloway as a firm and need to get ABB to study management. I have MSN if anyone wants to exchange. jus message me or whatever :smile:
Reply 27
My firm offer is ABB with rhul to study Computer Science
I need ABB to study geography at RH
JonW
Depends. I got offered ABB but some people have got offers of BBB and one or two lucky, lucky ppl got offered EE :eek:

ABB seems to be the most common though, good luck if ya decide to apply :biggrin:

thanks Jon, thing is UCAS says it still has places for history through extra so Im hoping they may have places in clearing and then if I get the grades - im hoping for A, B, C - i may apply!!
Reply 30
BBC - Doing Mathematics bsc.......... Insurance option though. Anyone else doing maths at RHUL ?
Reply 31
vickytoria77
thanks Jon, thing is UCAS says it still has places for history through extra so Im hoping they may have places in clearing and then if I get the grades - im hoping for A, B, C - i may apply!!

If u get ABC (especially if the A is in History) I expect they will offer u a place, hows UCAS going for u at the moment?
my position in UCAS at the moment is that I have a conditional place for my local Uni (i will live at home, have a car etc). I only chose to apply to one uni because I was going through a really bad patch during the winter term of A-levels ( i dont want to post anymore publicaly though) but before this happened, Holloway had been my first choice - lots of things changed during this period. I am now purely thinking about my opportunities if I get A,B,C as I know that those grades could get me into a better uni with a better course!

But from what Ive heard about UCAS and changing confirmed offers is not good. It does say on the website that you can be released but you have to talk to the uni directly. I just feel in my heart of hearts that after having a good education and if I did get those grades I would prefer to go somewhere better.

I am surprised at the EE offers, did these people have fantastic GCSE and AS grades?
Reply 33
So far I've met the conditional offer of 32 points in the IB. I managed a 34. I will be doing Media Arts. If all goes well from now, see you in September.
Reply 34
vickytoria77
my position in UCAS at the moment is that I have a conditional place for my local Uni (i will live at home, have a car etc). I only chose to apply to one uni because I was going through a really bad patch during the winter term of A-levels ( i dont want to post anymore publicaly though) but before this happened, Holloway had been my first choice - lots of things changed during this period. I am now purely thinking about my opportunities if I get A,B,C as I know that those grades could get me into a better uni with a better course!

But from what Ive heard about UCAS and changing confirmed offers is not good. It does say on the website that you can be released but you have to talk to the uni directly. I just feel in my heart of hearts that after having a good education and if I did get those grades I would prefer to go somewhere better.

I am surprised at the EE offers, did these people have fantastic GCSE and AS grades?

The EE offers tend to go to students who are inclined to apply to Oxbridge and therefore have straight A* grades at GCSE as well as 5 A's at A/S and 4/5 A's at A2. A winning personal statement also seems to give them the edge over other straight A students, an AEA in History or English would also be looked upon very favourably. Needless to say less than 5(?)% of offers are EE. Its interesting at the moment that Holloway is offering places through Extra and clearing, although its such a big department that I guess they can be very flexible.

Im not too sure what UCAS are like with changing confirmed offers, can you reject a place on results day and go through clearing to upgrade to another uni? I know some ppl did last year at my school, although I imagine its a bit of a pain.
ucas does say that you can like unconfirm your offer but its a bit of a pain!! but im just going to wait and see!
vickytoria77
ucas does say that you can like unconfirm your offer but its a bit of a pain!! but im just going to wait and see!

I think if you’re having doubts right now then you should definitely think about getting released pretty soon - as by the time you officially get your results you’ll regret not having done it much earlier. Given the university may make possible delays about getting you released by claiming you’re not their first priority, thereby hindering your chances of entering clearing. Luckily for me RHUL understood my insurance choice was being an ass and thus made me an offer on the phone on the condition I managed to get released within two days. However, maybe that was partly because it was my insurance offer rather than first choice?! Basically it’s much less of a hassle if you’re released now. Be brave and go for what you really want - after all you are going to have to spend at least three years at this institution!
waiting2smile
I think if you’re having doubts right now then you should definitely think about getting released pretty soon - as by the time you officially get your results you’ll regret not having done it much earlier. Given the university may make possible delays about getting you released by claiming you’re not their first priority, thereby hindering your chances of entering clearing. Luckily for me RHUL understood my insurance choice was being an ass and thus made me an offer on the phone on the condition I managed to get released within two days. However, maybe that was partly because it was my insurance offer rather than first choice?! Basically it’s much less of a hassle if you’re released now. Be brave and go for what you really want - after all you are going to have to spend at least three years at this institution!

I can see your point entirely but I am majorly rethinking things for varying reasons. The main point that I am weighing up is do I really want to have student debt instead of living at home for no cost, having a car and continuing on with my hobby which would could possibly be too expensive to to do whilst at university. In my heart of heart's I really don't know what I want to do long term - the only thing I do know is that I want to do History
Reply 38
I am, is it true the female students there are massively gorgeous?
Reply 39
ramroff
I am, is it true the female students there are massively gorgeous?

I will be also, im also interested if the above is true?

London' standard is fairly high generally methinks tho...

Latest

Trending

Trending