The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Opal 1, 2 or 3?

Just recieved an unconditional offer for Graphic Design at Leeds Met!

After looking at accommodation online and reading these forums, i've decided I want to live in one of the Opal accommodations... But which one?!

I originally thought Opal 1, but the location of Opal 3 is also really good, and the free gym is quite appealling! Shame about the lack of pool though... Is use of it included in the gym membership fee?

Has anyone lived in either and can give me some pros/cons?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sorry this isn't helpful but can you direct me to where you're all getting info about Opal 3 as I can't find anything on it?
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Reply 2
Ok I found the website & now I'm so confused, as it's cheaper than 1 & 2, closer to campus (I think??), what's the catch!
Reply 3
wheres the prices, i cant find them eek lol
Reply 4
Damn I emailed and I have to have them as firm before applying :frown: booo. so looks like Im waiting til the end of march :frown: Also opal 3 are let through opal themselves, not the uni apparently. But I'll apply asap. Gah I really wanted to apply on March 1st
Reply 5
Chantal1991
Damn I emailed and I have to have them as firm before applying :frown: booo. so looks like Im waiting til the end of march :frown: Also opal 3 are let through opal themselves, not the uni apparently. But I'll apply asap. Gah I really wanted to apply on March 1st

Have you applied through ucas? I had an interview at Huddersfield in March, but knew I wasn't going to go after receiving my Leeds offer, so cancelled it! It now says 'withdrawn' where 'unconditional' or 'conditional' would go.
Reply 6
Yea, I know but my mom wants me to have more than one offer :frown: so I HAVEV to go to my sheffy interview grrr. She said "You don't know you want to go to leeds til you've been to the others"

yes. I. do.
Reply 7
opal 3 is really nice, I might go for it,
but me and my friend who's going to leeds uni are going to leeds next thursday to go look at them from outside (lol how sad are we?) so I dunno yet.
Reply 8
opa;l 3 isnt applyed for through the uni apparently
Reply 9
can u apply without having firm accepted
Reply 11
I think so
It doesn't ask anywhere I don't think
you just lose your deposit if you don't take up the place
so like i can apply to opal 3 and only opal 3 and ill get a place and pay deposit and such
Reply 13
I think so

and it's cheaper then opal 1 and 2 and includes all the utility bills and it's closer to the campus lol there has to be a catch
I might join you :smile:
I found a little catch but it's only that there's no laundry facilities on site so I guess we would have to use a drycleaners or something & that would probably be a bit awkward & expensive....?

(Can you tell I've never lived away from home haha)

:woo:
Reply 16
hmm,
well, we could wash things in the sink? lol
ah it won't be that much really I'm sure.

I think I might have to go for Opal 3, you can see it from Leeds train station and it's a little bit hot
no laundry service? drycleaners cost a bomb :s-smilie:
racheer
opal 3 is really nice, I might go for it,
but me and my friend who's going to leeds uni are going to leeds next thursday to go look at them from outside (lol how sad are we?) so I dunno yet.

Oooh can you have a look if they are in horrible areas or nices ones, try to grab people coming out & interrogate them!
Reply 19
only like a 2 minute walk from the campus, that's just too good for words to describe.

and I suppose if you put together with people who you lived with it wouldn't be that much, or just take a big laundry bag home every now and again lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending