The Student Room Group
Aspire
Hey all

Which of the big 4 would you say has the simplest application process?

i really dont think theyre easy to get into but E&Y just has one round for internships compared to say KPMG which has the etray tests then interviews
Reply 2
TheBrightShadow
i really dont think theyre easy to get into but E&Y just has one round for internships compared to say KPMG which has the etray tests then interviews

E&Y have really annoying competency questions and apparently I didn't meet their required strengths. But I found the KPMG process pretty strighforward and I have an internship with them this summer!
Reply 3
donaldduck
E&Y have really annoying competency questions and apparently I didn't meet their required strengths. But I found the KPMG process pretty strighforward and I have an internship with them this summer!

oh cool, what will u be doing with them and when did u submit ur application
TheBrightShadow

For Advisory maybe.

I had to do a first round interview with a senior manager and 'strength based assessment centre' for my Audit internship at EY. This is the same for Tax as well.

EY first round interview is probably the most troublesome out of all interviews I've been to. So many damn competency questions.... like endless of them...

The assessment centre, whilst not difficult is much more 'involved'.

From what i've heard, PwC has the most straight-forward interview/AC but they tend to filter quite a lot of apps at the screening stage.

All of the Big 4s are all hard and easy in their own ways. The best thing to do is apply to all of them and hopes for the best. Assessment centres can be a lottery sometimes.. lol..
verticalforce
For Advisory maybe.

I had to do a first round interview with a senior manager and 'strength based assessment centre' for my Audit internship at EY. This is the same for Tax as well.

EY first round interview is probably the most troublesome out of all interviews I've been to. So many damn competency questions.... like endless of them...

From what i've heard, PwC has the most straight-forward interview/AC but they tend to filter quite a lot of apps at the screening stage.

All of the Big 4s are all hard and easy in their own ways. The best thing to do is apply to all of them and hopes for the best. Assessment centres can be a lottery sometimes.. lol..

uhm actually mine was for audit internship :s-smilie:
TheBrightShadow
uhm actually mine was for audit internship :s-smilie:

Really? I just had my AC for 2009 summer internship so things might have changed since then?

If not then I found this quite weird to be honest....

But I guess for Deloitte I got fast-tracked to AC as well because they were quite late at getting back to me. Normally I would be required to go for first round interview first...

Hmmm.... :woo:
verticalforce
Really? I just had my AC for 2009 summer internship so things might have changed since then?

If not then I found this quite weird to be honest....

But I guess for Deloitte I got fast-tracked to AC as well because they were quite late at getting back to me. Normally I would be required to go for first round interview first...

Hmmm.... :woo:

it was for 2008
fast tracked...very nice! i got fast tracked last year to bank of america final round for no reason!
TheBrightShadow
it was for 2008
fast tracked...very nice! i got fast tracked last year to bank of america final round for no reason!

I was only fast-tracked because they made me wait for 3 months before getting back me. Applied back in November and they said that the places that they have right now might even run out before my scheduled AC date.

Not impressed with Deloitte!
Reply 9
verticalforce
For Advisory maybe.

yeh this is the new ey process, v different to last year where it was just an ac consisting of partner interview + group ex

heard its gone a bit anal now

Latest

Trending

Trending