The Student Room Group

References...

I'm currently making applications for Postgrad' courses starting in October. I sent off the reference request forms to my Personal Tutor at the Uni I studied at for undergrad' and my previous employer after obtaining their permission to send them over. They were sent on the 10th and I've still received nothing from either. I'm wonderin generally how long tis takes and when i should drop them a line to see if they received them etc? I know it's a case of ''how long's a piece of string'' but how long does this process usually take?? Am I a little hasty in worrying at this stage?

Sorry for postin somethin which seems so trivial but the entire application process is worryin me sick and i'm so concerned that I won't even be able to send off my completed applications simply because I failed to get my references back?

Yours,

'A nervous wreck'
Reply 1
seaside
I'm currently making applications for Postgrad' courses starting in October. I sent off the reference request forms to my Personal Tutor at the Uni I studied at for undergrad' and my previous employer after obtaining their permission to send them over. They were sent on the 10th and I've still received nothing from either. I'm wonderin generally how long tis takes and when i should drop them a line to see if they received them etc? I know it's a case of ''how long's a piece of string'' but how long does this process usually take?? Am I a little hasty in worrying at this stage?

Sorry for postin somethin which seems so trivial but the entire application process is worryin me sick and i'm so concerned that I won't even be able to send off my completed applications simply because I failed to get my references back?

Yours,

'A nervous wreck'

10 February, you mean? That's hardly a long wait yet.:s-smilie:
Is there any specific deadline looming ahead for you at the end of the month? If so, just call your referees and gently remind them of that deadline. But if it isn't *terribly* urgent, I'd give them another week if I were you.
Reply 2
You're right - thanks for confirming what I should have already known!

I'll leave it a while! Thanks again!
Reply 3
If your school is using 'rolling system' u better hurry up and call ur referee. One of my profs, who told me to upload the letter as soon as he got the link, took 3 wks to upload it. :T

Latest

Trending

Trending