The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 1
Hey!

I don't do the FCH course myself, but I have seen on the Uni website that you can do up to 3 subjects, although ive not heard of anyone doing 3 before, most people tend to do 2! :smile:

Which subjects are you thinking of doing? Because some courses have an accreditation that you can't get if you're doing a combined course. For instance my friend is doing BA Theology and Psychology, and Psychology needs to be BPS accredited, but she doesn't do enough modules for this so she won't get the accreditation thus propbably won't be able to go on to become a certified psychologist. I guess it depends on your subjects!

But shes really enjoying it, it allows her to do everything she wants which is the whole point really i suppose ha :biggrin: Everyone I know who does it finds it easy to do, theres not really any troubles with the timetables etc

Not much help really sorry ha :tongue: xxx
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
J_rocks
Hey!

I don't do the FCH course myself, but I have seen on the Uni website that you can do up to 3 subjects, although ive not heard of anyone doing 3 before, most people tend to do 2! :smile:

Which subjects are you thinking of doing? Because some courses have an accreditation that you can't get if you're doing a combined course. For instance my friend is doing BA Theology and Psychology, and Psychology needs to be BPS accredited, but she doesn't do enough modules for this so she won't get the accreditation thus propbably won't be able to go on to become a certified psychologist. I guess it depends on your subjects!

But shes really enjoying it, it allows her to do everything she wants which is the whole point really i suppose ha :biggrin: Everyone I know who does it finds it easy to do, theres not really any troubles with the timetables etc

Not much help really sorry ha :tongue: xxx

Hey!

Thanks that was really helpful actually!

I know about the acreditation thing.

I just wish you could do more subjects - like at GCSE!

There are loads of subjects I would like to do!

But thanks.

Also, your friend could become certified, but i think they would have to do a postgrad qualification in psychology as well!

Thank you!

=D
sugar-plum-fairy
Hi!

I am looking for entry in 2010. I was particully interested in the flexible joint honour courses, but I got confused. In some places I looked they said you only did 2 subjects whilst other places said you can do 3 (this is both at the stretham campus). I am v confused

Also, if any one has done this or is doing it at the moment, what is it like!?!?

Many thanks
xx

I do flexible combined honours and it's absolutely fantastic! Let's me do everything I want to and it's an absolutely lovely department - Mike Dobson, the Head of FCH, is a really nice guy and very easy to talk to.

As for subject combinations - have you looked at the website? There's a bit about taking three subjects H E R E.
flecalicious
I do flexible combined honours and it's absolutely fantastic! Let's me do everything I want to and it's an absolutely lovely department - Mike Dobson, the Head of FCH, is a really nice guy and very easy to talk to.

As for subject combinations - have you looked at the website? There's a bit about taking three subjects H E R E.

Hiya,

thanks for that info!

I really am interested in studying there. I have seen the website before but i was put off by the typical grades/ offers thing, being from 2009, probably AAA-AAB and there is no way in hell im going to get that :frown: which makes me sad as I really like the look of Exeter and it sounds really good :frown:

Thanks anyway :smile:
sugar-plum-fairy
Hiya,

thanks for that info!

I really am interested in studying there. I have seen the website before but i was put off by the typical grades/ offers thing, being from 2009, probably AAA-AAB and there is no way in hell im going to get that :frown: which makes me sad as I really like the look of Exeter and it sounds really good :frown:

Thanks anyway :smile:

To be honest, from what I've been told it's easier to get onto a flexible combined honours course because there's less pressure from quotas - specific departments at Exeter, such as English, have so many applications that they have to turn down students who achieve the required grades (as told to me by the Undergrad English secretary...). However, I transferred onto the FCH course at the end of my first year so I never applied for it through UCAS (in fact, I know only 1 or 2 people that went directly onto the FCH course rather than changing to it from another), so don't take my word as law!

Still, there's no harm in applying as the university and particularly the FCH department is a wonderful place - there's no harm in trying! :smile:
flecalicious
To be honest, from what I've been told it's easier to get onto a flexible combined honours course because there's less pressure from quotas - specific departments at Exeter, such as English, have so many applications that they have to turn down students who achieve the required grades (as told to me by the Undergrad English secretary...). However, I transferred onto the FCH course at the end of my first year so I never applied for it through UCAS (in fact, I know only 1 or 2 people that went directly onto the FCH course rather than changing to it from another), so don't take my word as law!

Still, there's no harm in applying as the university and particularly the FCH department is a wonderful place - there's no harm in trying! :smile:

True, i do really like Exeter and I should have quite a strong personal statement and I know if i don't apply I could spend years wondering 'what if'

thanks =)

Latest

Trending

Trending