The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

/b/ used to be good.

now it's been ruined by all the newfaggotry. the cancer has taken over, seriously.
i'm loving all the crank calls to local Gamestops asking for Battletoads thats going on atm, lol.
I don't even understand what 4chan is.
Reply 24
Bagration
lolz it wasn't as good as pwnting ebaumsworld.

i ddos'd that bitch D:<

I posted on EBW quite a lot at that point, and I can honestly say I never noticed anything except some posts about it. I thought it was sorta half funny what they did to the offices, I guess.

Gascoigne
I love people who moan about /b/tards being morons, then freely laugh at all the lolcats and other memes.

Weren't the lolcats from SomethingAwful? I can't help noticing /b/ takes credit for pretty much anything funny that happens ever, mostly because their members excel at posting the same thing over and over again. I even saw a post from someone a while ago who thought that
1. Do something
2. ???
3. Profit

was a /b/ meme too.
Reply 25
What the hell is 4chan and /b/
Lozzaa
Weren't the lolcats from SomethingAwful? I can't help noticing /b/ takes credit for pretty much anything funny that happens ever, mostly because their members excel at posting the same thing over and over again. I even saw a post from someone a while ago who thought that
1. Do something
2. ???
3. Profit

was a /b/ meme too.

lolcats are definitely a /b/ meme.
Reply 27
dddd

"4chan is an English-language imageboard website"

People post pictures on threads and they "discuss them"

/b/ means random
Reply 28
dddd

don't worry you're little head about it. It'll only make you an hero
orionmoo
don't worry you're little head about it. It'll only make you an hero

:mad:
FyreFight
lolcats are definitely a /b/ meme.

CAT MACROS

*cough*
get 'em!

those two boys deserved that so badly.
Lozzaa
I posted on EBW quite a lot at that point, and I can honestly say I never noticed anything except some posts about it. I thought it was sorta half funny what they did to the offices, I guess.
I have read varying reports on the effectiveness of DDOSing EBW. At any rate, Ebaum was and is a gigantic smacktard.

Lozzaa
1. Do something
2. ???
3. Profit

was a /b/ meme too.
AFAIK Lolcats descends from Caturday which eventually died out because the faggotry of lolcats ruined it. I don't know about goon origins of lolcats, although that may be true. What else is true is that /b/ certainly contribues a disproportionately large % of internet culture.
Reply 33
amos
This is an amazing accomplishment. Thousands of anonymous internet users and internet detectives banded together and spent hours upon hours datamining to rescue a cat that was mildy abused. Let us all thank the brave soldiers at the pedophile haven known as 4chan.

Oh, the mirth.
Reply 34
Bagration
I have read varying reports on the effectiveness of DDOSing EBW. At any rate, Ebaum was and is a gigantic smacktard.

It might have affected the front page a bit. All that happened on the forums was the mods banned a bunch of people and stopped people signing up for a few days.
L i b
Posting up the details of 14 year olds like that really isn't on.

I agree.

What he and his brother did is sick, ****** up and makes me feel ill to think about. However, if the kid is innocent (or in a different case, if they accuse the wrong person), these details could lead to vigilantes going after innocent people. The police are taking this seriously - it could get nasty if the local community step in in a violent manner.

Seriously, I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a good beating, but it is dangerous and irresponsible to post the details of a young person that people will want 'sorted out'.

Finally - OMG!? What kind of a sick ****** does this kind of thing!?
god bless the internet hate machine
Reply 37
They either get a 500 USD fine, up to 5 years in juvie or 1 year in jail....
Yeah, this is just what 4chan needs.
Hackers on steriods.

Latest