The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I would do A Levels for 2 years then reapply for the same course, or maybe something else I was interested in.
Reply 21
aimzdy
would have learnt a trade instead and become a mechanic/plumber/electrician...they get pretty decent pay so all good.

why is everyone so obsessed with money???!!!

erm...i'd travel, i think. wwoofing sounds really cool, or just travel the world and see what jobs i could pick up.

That is a bit bold though, so may just end up taking a dead-end job for a bit whilst i man up and go for the above.
Reply 22
Well obviously cry buckets and then kill myself - my life would be completely over!!!! Gaaah, imagine the horror!
/sarcasm
I'd do an apprenticeship at my local newspaper and work my way up through the journalistic ranks that way.
Can't wait to go to uni though! x
Reply 24
i think i'd go into depression feeling like a complete failure.
If I hadn't got in, I would have taken a gap year and reapplied, maybe taken up a language and focused on my piano playing! :smile:
Either join the army or the police.
To all saying "get a job". Where are you finding all these jobs? I sure can't see any going at the moment...
Re-apply the following year for sure.
Reply 29
Why does everyone think that you have to go uni to get somewhere decent in life?
ny2ko
i think i'd go into depression feeling like a complete failure.

really?! I hope this is sarcasm? depends how you quantify failure I guess. uni, unless for a specific vocation (law/medicine/engineering etc.), is for purely acadademic merits, which, when actually entering the world of work, an employer really doesn't care about. They care whether you can apply common sense, practicality, a sense of duty and professionalism, and a good attitude to work- which is sadly lacking in graduates I have come across...
stay at home and study whatever i wanted myself. wouldnt get anywhere in life, but i'd be happy!
sit off! Or start my own business
Reply 33
Write a novel, Start a band, get ripped, have some sort of menial office job in media, work my way from there until I was world famous at any of the above.

edit. Add play lots of football.
Get a job in the local council, travel a bit. Probably wouldn't reapply. I'd be too scared of being rejected all over again.
Go work overseas for a bit to practise my German/French/Spanish and then reapply in the next cycle.
if i could never go to uni i would have dropped out of school at 16 and become a vet nurse
I would have stayed on at my job, and looked for a better job. Would have tried to move out after about a year.
braddersbrad
I am going to join the forces instead; fitness, sport, training,overseas travel, friendships and good pay. oh, and the odd bit of war sometimes, but as a girl you will never be on the front line. they will also pay for any further qualifications such as open university and even give you some time off to do them! winner.

Top Stuff! have you passed Main Board now?
Start my own bank. :yep: It's not hard just print loads of money and all that! Recession? What recession? Ahahaha

Latest