The Student Room Group

GCSE mock results compared to final results.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
hmmmmmm
So I am predicted all As and 1 A Star and i have just received my mock results. I am gonna work really hard at school from now on as i didn't revise for my mocks. Can someone please predict what i will maybe get next year? I will be revising a lot. Please see my mocks below.

English C and C
Maths C
Spanish A Star
Citizenship A
Science B
R.e B
Geography C
Music C
Original post by Jacobnomafo
So I am predicted all As and 1 A Star and i have just received my mock results. I am gonna work really hard at school from now on as i didn't revise for my mocks. Can someone please predict what i will maybe get next year? I will be revising a lot. Please see my mocks below.

English C and C
Maths C
Spanish A Star
Citizenship A
Science B
R.e B
Geography C
Music C
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by FutureMedic!
Eng. Lit = D - A
Eng. Lan = C - A
Maths = B - A*
Psychology = A* - A*
Additional Science = A* - A*
R.S. = A* - B
Citizenship = B - A*
Above are all the subjects i did mock examinations in. The grades in bold are the grades i actually attained. The grades that aren't in bold are the grades i attained in the mocks.

how did you improve your english grades?
Original post by thenewromance1234
I didn't bother with mocks tbh. At our school as well they mark too high to make you improve so for example it'd be 85-90% for A*. Anywho, I got BBBBBBCCC in the mocks then A*A*A*A*A*A*AAB in the real ones

That was great. I am hoping to get an A in economics though i got a D in the mocks
[QUOTE="Jacobnomafo;52787077"]
Original post by Jacobnomafo

English C and C
Maths C
Spanish A Star
Citizenship A
Science B
R.e B
Geography C
Music C

I have no experience ba i think if you work hard enough, you will get A*-B. Good luck. I think we have our GCSEs at the same time May 2016.
I'm really disapointed with my predicted grades this year but I know that I'm always expected lower grades than I actually achieve. Maybe it's because I don't give a crap in lessons but revise hardcore at home, and that I don't revise at all for my mocks. Last year I was expected to get B's in my GCSEs for History, Art and R.E but actually got 2 A*s and 1 A. So you see how I do much better in my real exams?
Here are my predicted grades for this year...
English Lang - C (I got an A in the coursework hm?)
English Lit - C (A* for coursework again..)
Chemistry - C
Physics - C
Biology - D
Geography - B (A* for coursework...)
ICT - B
And Maths - A (yay)
It's really surprising how my teachers have no hope for me.
Anyway I've applied for LAE and I've done an interview but I don't think they'll accept me because of my 'gross' predicted grades. Should I persuade my teachers to change them or is there a possibility that they'll accept me after my results come in?
Hi, My son got 2 Cs, and all Ds.....i am really disappointed with him especially with the extra tuition lesson he is getting...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks worried mum
I've only done one GCSE so far (iGCSE Edexcel English Literature, 100% exam so pretty tough)

First mock - B (November time)
Second mock- A* (March time)
Final result - A*

I was pretty pleased since not alot of people, including Malala, manage an A* in English Lit, especially seeing as I did iGCSE and it was 100% exam, but the grade boundaries are kinda low (I guess because it is 100% exam) I think it was like 90% for an A*, can't remember now haha
Is this in his mock exams?
Well I haven't done my actual gcse's but just want some tips. I'm in year 10 and for science I intitall got an A*,A,A (chem,physics,bio) and then recently did my mocks and somehow got a d,d,c. How has this happened. Exam board is OCR btw
Original post by yacine_adni
Well I haven't done my actual gcse's but just want some tips. I'm in year 10 and for science I intitall got an A*,A,A (chem,physics,bio) and then recently did my mocks and somehow got a d,d,c. How has this happened. Exam board is OCR btw

What was each test out of?
Original post by yacine_adni

Were the mocks that you got ddc in, part of a different section of those sciences?
Like did you do B1C1P1 for the last mocks and do B2C2P2 for the ddc. If it was then it may just be because of harder topics or you may have gotten lazier after achieving those good results the first time.
3 tests all out of 30 and all of science b1,2,3 c1,2,3 p1,2,3. Just don't know what happened I normally get a's or a*'s in science. Kind of worried to be honest
Reply 95
shutup king louie your saying ur not happy with that some people have e, f, g and u's altogether. get a life.
Don't worry guys just mess about all you want in school but all you need is to just revise and have a good memory to remember what you revise for. My family and friends said I'm not going to pass GCSE. Surprisingly the end result was A* to B in each subject. I would suggest to revise between 3-4 months before exam because If I did revise earlier I would likely to get a higher grade which I am now regretting.
I didn't bother trying in school as I was too busy messing about and getting a lot of consequences. But in the end the results were A* - B in every subject. Don't stress yourself by full on concentrating and writing a whole paragraph of information out. Just note down what important because my family said I weren't going to make it pass GCSE. Just revise 3 - 4 months before the real GCSE comes because all you need is a good memory to pass GCSE good luck to you all.
Reply 98
This is what happeed to me:Mocks:colone:nglish Language - 4English Literature - 5Mathematics - 8Biology - 5Chemistry - 5Physics - 6Geography - 6German - 3RE - 5Music - 3GCSEs:colone:nglish Language - 6English Literature - 7Mathematics - 8Biology - 8Chemistry - 8Physics - 8Geography - 8German - 4RE - 7Music - 7
Art - 6 - 8
Biology - 7 - 9
Chemistry - 8 - 9
English Language - 9 - 9
English Literature - 9 - 9
History - 9 - 9
Maths - 7 - 8
Physics - 8 - 8
Spanish - A* - A*

Note: I did revise a lot for my mocks so that's probably why my results are pretty similar

Quick Reply

Latest