The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Starbucks/Costa,Topshop,Urban Outfitters,Oasis,Zara,Moda in Pelle,Aldo,Mango,Selfridges-for the makeup and designer bags to lust over!
Interesting thread.

In fact. My perfect high street wouldn't really be determined by the retail, but instead the aesthetics and atmosphere. It would probably have lots of little market stalls, the buildings would be old, there would be a river running alongside it (with boat hirings), there'd be little green areas where children can sit and be told stories by old people, there'd be a fair amount of people, but not overcrowded. Like the street over Windsor Bridge (although I'm not sure whether or not that qualifies as a high street). Oh, there'd be little ice cream parlours everywhere as well.
new york in a high street.
necessarily benevolent
Interesting thread.

In fact. My perfect high street wouldn't really be determined by the retail, but instead the aesthetics and atmosphere. It would probably have lots of little market stalls, the buildings would be old, there would be a river running alongside it (with boat hirings), there'd be little green areas where children can sit and be told stories by old people, there'd be a fair amount of people, but not overcrowded. Like the street over Windsor Bridge (although I'm not sure whether or not that qualifies as a high street). Oh, there'd be little ice cream parlours everywhere as well.

TheLouisVuittonDon

:confused: The OP doesn't exactly determine which meaning of 'High Street' we're talking about. Well. He does. But I don't give a **** about shops.
Waterstones and Thorntons :love:
Somewhere without anyone from Norfolk, especially those called Adam...
zakiman
Cabot Circus, but with more cute independent shops.

I love the look of Cabot Circus. But yeah, I agree.
Guy's don't forget a ben and jerry's cafe!!!
Reply 30
I would have...

Ralph Lauren
Escape
Lacoste
Mirage
Topman
H&M
Burton
Fred Perry
Levi
Diesel
Lyle & Scott
American Apparel
GAP
Fat Face
Ted Baker
Jack Wills
Banana Republic
Next

Sony
Apple
Microsoft
GAME
Gamestation
Waterstones
Staples
Paperchase

Oriental Express
Lucky Gardens
Water Margin
Dominoes
Pizza Express
Subway
KFC
Burger King
Reply 31
necessarily benevolent
Interesting thread.

Alrrigght Geekazoid pipe down :wink: We don't look at hidden messages within a thread, just the bare-faced materialistic details.

There's always one!
lush, american apparel, pound land, muji, laden show room, agent provocateur, tesco, all saints, urban outfitters, OHO organic food. and basically the entire german christmas market. and a big founatin, and a big pic n mix stand. preferably all situated around something like ohhh, the floozy in da jacoooziii? that and new street really do make a beautiful little place :frown:

ps. blanket ban on topshop, prams and 16 year old kids who think they're hot shiz and that smoking makes them cool
Reply 33
scotty01292
Somewhere without anyone from Norfolk, especially those called Adam...

I don't even know who you are. Do you dislike me because I told you to grow your hair long? :confused:
Norfolkadam
I don't even know who you are. Do you dislike me because I told you to grow your hair long? :confused:

Nah, I dislike you cause we had an argument about homosexuality in a thread that got deleted...
Reply 35
scotty01292
Nah, I dislike you cause we had an argument about homosexuality in a thread that got deleted...

Oh I am thoroughly glad that you dislike me then. :yep:
GAME
PC World
Currys
Dixons
Costa
JD Sports
Topman
NEXT
BHS
Outfit
Clarks
Primark
Peacocks
HMV
Burton
Indian Takeaway
KFC
McDonalds
Burger King
Starbucks
Asda
Sainsburys
Morrisons
Boots
Footlocker
WHSmith
John Lewis
Barclays
HSBC
Waterstones
Marks and Spencer
Subway
Odeon Cinema
Model shops
Toffee Shops
Carphone Warehouse
Vodafone
Orange
T-Mobile
Virgin Mobile
Apple
Sony
Homebase
Opticians

minus chavs, drunks and gangs
Reply 37
(1)Block 3
(2)Scotts
(3)Stuarts London
(4)Zucci
(5)Golden Fry(best chippy in Hull)
(6)Halifax bank
(7)M&S
(8)Hull City Club shop
(9)House of Fraser
(10)02 shop
River Island, Topshop, a big Primark (I can never find anything in smaller ones), Schuh, Oasis, Debenhams, H&M, HMV, Pizza Hut, Waterstones.
And no people.... no crowds anyway.
basically just bicester village, plus costa, blackwells, topshop, thorntons...

Latest