The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ellomoto
go to queen mary!!!!!!!!!!!! it is UOL after all... and ranks higher in top universities guide than CASS...

Thanks for yr response :smile:

The thing is cass has contacts with Investment banks. If u compare the places graduates from cass and QM have gone u will see that cass graduates get jobs in alot of top IBs. I checked some IB sites and they hold carrer events at unis and they all hold one at cass but none at QM.

On the other hand QM is part of UoL and is well heard by all....but has a grade requiremnt of BBB, this i feel is quite lower than my AAA prediction. Plus all of cass's courses are increasing to AAB next year. So at the moment im leaning towards cass :redface: .
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 21
I'm at QM (spit), and would have to say that CASS is way better - in all terms. Not quite SAID, but not far off!
Reply 22
well, ur absolutely right then - go for cass!

im just a UOL fan.. however, i was not aware of the facts u mentioned (IB etc)

also, if cass is increasing its grade requirements, then surely it has reason to do so i.e. it is becoming more sought after!

however, i wll point out that in the times 100 university guide queen mary ranked 40something and cass 50something... in guardian qm ranked 11 and cass 20something.. although i do admit that my reasons for favouring queen mary are very short-sighted etc... ur reasons are far more accurate...

good luck anyway!
Reply 23
League tables aren't worth the paper they're written on.
Reply 24
ellomoto
well, ur absolutely right then - go for cass!

im just a UOL fan.. however, i was not aware of the facts u mentioned (IB etc)

also, if cass is increasing its grade requirements, then surely it has reason to do so i.e. it is becoming more sought after!

however, i wll point out that in the times 100 university guide queen mary ranked 40something and cass 50something... in guardian qm ranked 11 and cass 20something.. although i do admit that my reasons for favouring queen mary are very short-sighted etc... ur reasons are far more accurate...

good luck anyway!

thanks, i will probably go for cass. the league tables are not ver reliable as fluffy pointed out. But there isnt a league table that actually ranks cass because they include cass in city, which isnt as gd as cass ( cass is city's business school)
Reply 25
Fluffy
I'm at QM (spit), and would have to say that CASS is way better - in all terms. Not quite SAID, but not far off!

im sorry to hear that :redface: , what are u studying at QM and why dont you think much of it, a few weeks ago i was quite sure of choosin QM since it was 7th for economics ( 2005 guardian tables ) but then again as you said .......
Fluffy

Gd luck with yr course and look on the bright side it is a respected uni so im sure yll get a gd job from it :wink:
Reply 26
Don't get me wrong - QM does have some good departments (English, Physics), and due to pure luck ended up the parent institution of the greatest medical school on Earth ( :wink: ). It's just that CASS is better in this instance. There's nothing wrong with City either! Otherwise the Inns of Court School of Law wouldn't have given the rights to award the academic part of the Bar Vocational Qualification to them!
Reply 27
ellomoto
go to queen mary!!!!!!!!!!!! it is UOL after all... and ranks higher in top universities guide than CASS...

perhaps cos cass is for business only!!! lol

And in business and finance cass is regarded higher than oxbridge by the Financial Times
Reply 28
Qmul is one of the largest unis in the University of London.

It needs to be pulled out of the shadows.

When does the petition start for a subforum?

Qmul deserves a subforum
Reply 29
sghoa
Qmul is one of the largest unis in the University of London.

It needs to be pulled out of the shadows.

When does the petition start for a subforum?

Qmul deserves a subforum

Not really, like ive said about kings, kings and queens are not that excellent for most things. They're entry requirements arent that high and being a member of UoL doesnt mean they're excellent as employers arent stupid!
Reply 30
melbourne
Not really, like ive said about kings, kings and queens are not that excellent for most things. They're entry requirements arent that high and being a member of UoL doesnt mean they're excellent as employers arent stupid!

Kings is good for a reasonable spectrum of subjects. It's certainly one of those in league with the best in a range of subjects so don't put it down too much. Entry requirements should be higher if you ask me. It's very strange :confused:.
Fluffy

Nothing on the grauniad is.
:confused: Royal Holloway has a forum yet QM does not?
Reply 33
-Felicity-
:confused: Royal Holloway has a forum yet QM does not?

Royal Holloway deserves it more than QM, so why not?

Size/location aren't the only things which count, after all...
Reply 34
And for the pathetic person who neg-repped me for this, if you look back in the thread, you'll find I was actually trying to help earlier with my suggestion about posting in the 'Ask a Mod' section!
Reply 35
In that case can SOAS have one, seems fair that way
Reply 36
Wooo hoooo! Finally one for Queen Mary!!

Thanks TSR! :biggrin: :tsr:

:party:

Latest

Trending

Trending