I'd just like to ask a few questions about christ's (possible 2008 entry applicant):
1. what proportion of the rooms are ensuite? and how likely is it that i will get ensuite in a given year if i want it? (would really like ensuite lol)
2. is there a badminton court on site?
3. is the bar separate from the jcr (heard the bar closes really early - is this true)?
4. does it deserve its "academic" reputation? are the students in general much more hardworking than average and less sociable or is it an unfounded myth? (and does being so academic mean it is harder to get into?)
5. also, are you housed on site for the duration of the course or do you spend a year in college owned flats elsewhere for example?
(currently deciding between christ's, catz and downing)
Last edited by drive; 24-09-2007 at 21:04.
even if you want a room in the top price category in the first year, would you be unlikely to get ensuite?
i found out the refurbishment means the whole of new court will be ensuited, but apparently it may not be ready for 2008 entry. however, i heard that the rest of christs had also been renovated recently which meant that a sizeable proportion of it had ensuite. is this not tue then?
Last edited by drive; 25-09-2007 at 15:56.
that's a bit strange - what if people simply can't afford an expensive room?
(Original post by Mithent)
The problem at Christ's, unless it's changed, is that you don't get any choice as to whether you want an expensive room or a cheap room in the first year - you just get any random room.
also, on average, if you don't get an ensuite room, how many people share a bathroom? and is there no way at all to specify that you would be willing to pay for the highest rent band?
Last edited by drive; 25-09-2007 at 20:12.
few questions about Christs
I've applied for Geography 2008
1. How big is squash at Christ's?
2. What kind of questions do you get asked in a geography interview there?
Last edited by jimmeh1989; 30-11-2007 at 07:35.