The Student Room Group

what do you usually buy at nandos?

Scroll to see replies

bansheeee*
Eating chicken isn't needed to survive ,you can survive perfectly on a vegetarian diet ,alot of successful athletes do . Battery farming is an easy and cheap way for companies like nandos to make themselves as much money as possible costing them as little as possible ,while promoting animal cruelty . The chickens die without even seeing daylight ,this isn't natural it's animal cruelty I wouldn't give 1 penny to a resteraunt who are making money out of animal cruelty ,because i care about animals.

Well you're also a hippy - most people aren't quite as gung ho about this sort of thing as hippies. Most people also don't hug trees.

I get what you're saying, but you're preaching to people who cannot be converted I'm afraid. A thread dedicated to what things people buy at nandos sort of implies that the people replying to it already do eat there, and aren't likely to stop eating there just because you're telling them to.

Really you're wasting your time.
Reply 61
PinkMobilePhone
Yes they have a loyalty card. I got a free whole chicken yesterday :smile:

You get a stamp every time you spend £5.60 (or is it £5.80? well one or the other).

On your third stamp you can get a free quarter chicken. Then on your 5th or 6th stamp (think it's 5th) you can get a free half chicken. Then on your 10th stamp you can get a free whole chicken.

Then you get a new card and start over :yep:

Just ask for a loyalty card at the till next time you go.

Wow thanks! Me and my friends would have got so much free chicken by now! I wonder why they don't advertise it!
Twinkle06
Wow thanks! Me and my friends would have got so much free chicken by now! I wonder why they don't advertise it!

They probably figure too many people will get their chickens for free lol
bansheeee*
It's making them money. No ,I don't think I am ,you would have to go to a battery farm to really realise how bad it is .

No, I understand the battery farms are bad- it's not that. You're making it sound like everyone who has ever eaten battery farmed chicken is evil and cruel.
BetterThanHeaven
They don't promote animal cruelty, I can't remember the last time I saw Nando's shouting "look! look! this is what you eat a few weeks before it's on your plate".

Most people don't care. It's irrelevant. It doesn't impact them one bit.

So stop preaching and criticising peoples decisions.
I don't preach that it's correct or moral, but I empathise with the decision to do so.

Go to bloody Nando's, order some wings in medium sauce, top it off with some herbs and garlic sauce on the side: "stop worrying and enjoy your life".

No ,because I will never give my money to a resteraunt which makes money out of animal suffering ,but maybe thats just me.
Reply 65
Mmmmmm Nandos :smile:
I usually get a medium chicken pitta with chips and spicy rice but I tried one of those new wraps the last time I went. My silly boyfriend forgot to order it without the chilli jam though so I had to spend ages scraping it off and even then it still tasted of it :frown:
Reply 66
anna_spanner89
there should so be a nandos appreciation society..

omg - there so should
bansheeee*
No ,because I will never give my money to a resteraunt which makes money out of animal suffering ,but maybe thats just me.

Okay this is the second time you've done that. I thought the first time was a typo but apparently not.

RESTAURANT

there we go, that's the correct spelling.

Seriously give it a rest. You're not converting anybody. Please, just stop.
1/4 Chicken (Medium) with Spicy Rice and Corn on the Cob.
Yum yum!
And always have the refillable drinks, and sometimes the bottomless frozen yoghurts :tongue:
Reply 69
anna_spanner89
there should so be a nandos appreciation society..

There's a group on facebook called 'I bet I can find a million people who love Nandos'
Reply 70
niyaaaah
hmmm i usually go for the double chicken breast fillet in pitta bread, extra hot of course with two side starters.. sometimes two portions of peri peri chips and sometimes a mix of peri peri chips and either spicy rice or coleslaw. i also have a starter of homoss (dont really know how it's spelt, it's the bread and white dip that is sensational)

i love nandos. i have redeemed about 5 1/4 chickens using the the loyalty stamp card! it's healthy too right? i go like three times a week now...common it's not as bad as mcdonalds...plus fat cat heather doesn't get fed much at home so i can't really stop myself from indulging on some good ol' hot chicccccken :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

I usually go for.... everything :tongue: (well I would if I could!) I absolutely love Nandos and have yet to find something I don't like :biggrin: I love their spicy rice and chicken breast fillet in pitta bread! If I go out with more of my friends though we usually just order a whole chicken and share it :tongue: It is healthier than McDonalds and a whole lot tastier! :wink:
Reply 71
I <3 Nandos
Almost always have the same thing:

Starter - share olives and either hummus or red pepper dip.

Main - Lemon and herb veggie burger, with peri seasoned chips, dipped in perinaise, wild herb sauce and garlic sauce.

If I have room left then frozen yoghurt :biggrin:
Reply 73
bansheeee*

Just because people eat their chicken doesn't mean they are awful human beings. Just because you 'care about animals' doesn't make you a nice person either.
People are here just enjoying a bit of banter about some food chain they like, okay, you could mention once that you disagree with the living environment of the chickens. People aren't going to change their opinions, expecially when you start critisizing every move they make and making out like you are much better than they are as you are a vegan.

I'm not saying you should go and eat meat and animal produce, however, you should respect they want to. People are going to continue to do what they want reguardless.

On another note, I usually just go for a chicken burger- the lemon one. How boring, haven't been for ages though! Hm, i'm craving the stuff now, oh dear! :eek3:
Reply 74
I never knew nandos was involved in animal cruelty...
laura_beth
Just because people eat their chicken doesn't mean they are awful human beings. Just because you 'care about animals' doesn't make you a nice person either.
People are here just enjoying a bit of banter about some food chain they like, okay, you could mention once that you disagree with the living environment of the chickens. People aren't going to change their opinions, expecially when you start critisizing every move they make and making out like you are much better than they are as you are a vegan.

I'm not saying you should go and eat meat and animal produce, however, you should respect they want to. People are going to continue to do what they want reguardless.

On another note, I usually just go for a chicken burger- the lemon one. How boring, haven't been for ages though! Hm, i'm craving the stuff now, oh dear! :eek3:

No I'm just referring to the people who say they ''care about animals'' but yet have no problem funding animal cruelty .
Nothing.

I have not been in over a year after the Metro Centre Gateshead resteraunt gave me food poisoning.

Give me Chiquitos any day over Nandos
Reply 77
chicken pitta
chips
bottomless coke
red peri dip :wink:
MetalheadA7X
Nothing.

I have not been in over a year after the Metro Centre Gateshead resteraunt gave me food poisoning.

Give me Chiquitos any day over Nandos

Well if we're comparing Chiquito and nandos then obviously chiquitos wins hands down, but it's a lot more expensive.
Reply 79
bansheeee*

I think it's only fair that everyone respects your decision. And it's only fair that you repect everyone else's decision to eat chicken aswell.
However, saying whether it's is someone's purpose to eat something is another matter. I don't think you should tell someone what their purpose is. They can do whatever the heck they please (within reason).
And about animal cruelty, I'll have agree with you it's not pleasant, but unfortunately, as someone on TSR's already said, the world isn't just rainbows and unicorns. You just have to face the reality and live up to it. There is already a load of terrible things being done in this world but it's not as if we can stop them, can we?
For example, animal testing for the benefit of humans. Is that right? Some may say yes because doing this has produced some medicines that have saved countless amount of humans in the past, despite killing a lot of animals in the process. But it was neccessary.
So go ahead and enjoy telling people on TSR what to do, because posting on a 'I love nandos' thread, you may have hit your target audience but they sure as hell won't care by the looks of the large amount of arguments put up against you.

Quick Reply

Latest