The Student Room Group

Ex-policeman Albert Burgess - A case for treason

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by InnerTemple
I can be sure because a lot of my education was independent. ................ my sources included textbooks, articles and cases - some of which were very old. In them, there is no support for what you are saying. Further, the people I was taught by (experts in the field) were in education pre 1972. What you seem to be suggesting is that, somehow, someone managed to alter all of these sources... a feat which I believe to be impossible.............................
I think that it is you who needs to do some proper reading on the subject, rather than swallowing the garbage thrown around by some seriously misinformed individuals.
QUOTE]

I have Constitutional (Hood Phillips) and Common law books dating back to 1946 and before, and I do my own research, I have also viewed later course books for Constitutional and administrative law, I have also read a book on Jurisprudence, and since the end of WWII I have seen a gradual, imperceptible diminishing of the teaching on the Constitution and it's laws. So you can believe what you like but your belief is not the facts, which I have seen in black and white.
So far from quote "swallowing the garbage thrown around by some seriously misinformed individuals.", I do do my own research, and have read much of the illegal legislation passed by ambitious politicians.
It is a pity we don't still have Lord Coke about today, with his Golden Metwand, but sadly our Judicial and Law systems have been compromised.
Reply 61
Original post by Boudicea
An incorrect statement - not repealed. In 1216 the Irish version was produced under Henry with only 42 as compared to 61 clauses, and successive monarchs re-issued the charter confirming the liberties and rights of the people, and in 1225 Charters were confirmed and granted in perpetuity.
So I don't know what textbooks you were using, but I'm afraid they misled you.

No they didn't.

Incidentally, I haven't missed the irony that your screen name is a corrupted form of Boudicca's name (which you've then managed to mis-spell).
Of all the nutjob conspiracy theories I've heard, this is by far the most tedious.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending