The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
I know somebody that did it and they had a great time.. can't really tell you anymore though..
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
likewise.. heared great things about it...
Reply 3
I had a place on this last year but I couldn't go in the end because my Res Officer would not agree to defer my rent for the term. I could not afford 2 lots of rent for 10 weeks so I dropped out. There are only 12-ish places available, and it can be quite competitive - I think about 35 people applied in my year group.
The ones who did go had a great time, they really enjoyed it.
My only word of caution would be that you don't get quite as much support from the department as you might expect, and you have to do a lot of the organisation for yourself
Oh, and the course on offer was modern Danish history (up to 1945) which disappointed me as I was hoping to get into Vikings!
Reply 4
Lizj
I had a place on this last year but I couldn't go in the end because my Res Officer would not agree to defer my rent for the term. I could not afford 2 lots of rent for 10 weeks so I dropped out. There are only 12-ish places available, and it can be quite competitive - I think about 35 people applied in my year group.
The ones who did go had a great time, they really enjoyed it.
My only word of caution would be that you don't get quite as much support from the department as you might expect, and you have to do a lot of the organisation for yourself
Oh, and the course on offer was modern Danish history (up to 1945) which disappointed me as I was hoping to get into Vikings!

I was worried about the rent aspect - I hoped that it was a proper exchange with someone living here but suspected it wouldn't be. I still look into it but thank you for letting me know as that is a big consideration. :smile:
Reply 5
affinity89
I was worried about the rent aspect - I hoped that it was a proper exchange with someone living here but suspected it wouldn't be. I still look into it but thank you for letting me know as that is a big consideration. :smile:

I don't think it is a problem in most colleges, but it was in Cartmel last year. I don't think anyone else had to withdraw. Also, it might be possible to find someone who wants a room and will take yours for the term.
Don't let it put you off applying if it is something you want to do, you will probably be all right.

Latest

Trending

Trending