The Student Room Group

University of London accommodation - apply now even without offers?

Hi everyone,

I have applied to LSE and SOAS and have yet to receive decisions from them. I highly doubt I'll get into LSE but I have a pretty good feeling about SOAS.

The only problem is that I absolute HATE SOAS's dorms, and I'm looking to do a joint course at King's, so I was thinking about applying to the University of London intercollegiate halls.

Can I already apply even if I haven't received a decision? Also, even if I get offers within a day I still have to wait for American uni decisions so I won't know for sure where I'm going until mid-April.

I am willing to pay a deposit now (no more than 500 pounds though please) and withdraw if I decide to go to the US.

Thanks for the info!
Reply 1
Well, they don't have a form up yet for 2009/2010 entry but this is from the UoL website:

1. The Intercollegiate Halls will only accept applications from registered full-time students of the
University of London.
2. All applications prior to 11 September 2008 should be sent directly to your College Accommodation Office.

So basically, you have to wait until you get an offer and then apply through your uni. Check the deadline on the LSE and SOAS websites to see if you can wait until mid-April to apply. I know that the UCL deadline is 31st May so its likely the LSE and SOAS deadlines will be around that time too.

Good luck! :smile:
Suite has it correct. Until September, the rooms at the Intercollegiate Halls are held by the Colleges themselves to allocate. Each College has a different process, so it is best to check with each one.

Latest

Trending

Trending