Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Do GCSE count for anything in the UCAS points?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If there do what point are they worth?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No they dont count for ucas points. But they have weight on your ucas form. And also many univeristies have their own scoring tariff where they are taken into account.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The UCAS poits are used for AS/A-levels and key skills.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    The UCAS poits are used for AS/A-levels and key skills.
    and nationals I think.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, they don't count in terms of UCAS points, but they will be taken into consideration along with AS grades, predicted A2 grades, personal statement, reference, extra-curricular activities and possibly an interview.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    They're sometimes used as a means of differentiating between candidates predicted straight A's at A-level, so they do carry some weight.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lana, this site about ucas tariff is useful in the future: http://www.ucas.com/higher/tariff/calc/calculator.html
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lana)
    and nationals I think.
    Nope. It's only AS/A-levels, AVCEs, Scottish qualifications, key skills, and CACHE.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    it says that btec are counted towards your points... i did a btec with my gcses does that count still? or would i have had to have done it with my alevels
Updated: November 20, 2013
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.