The Student Room Group

Shampoo - Greasy Roots Dry Ends

For YEARS I have used Herbal Essences (the orgasm-in-your-shower shampoo) for Greasy Roots and Dry ends. Now the bottles have changed and the new bottle isn't the same and my hair doesn't feel good.

I can't find another shampoo for greasy roots and dry ends - I've tried "normal" shampoos and they make my hair limp and give me, you guessed it, greasy roots and dry ends. Now I have to wash my hair (I have waist length blonde hair) every day and it's getting tedious.

HELP?! Does anyone else know of a decent shampoo for my hairtype?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The blue one right? I've recently discovered it, and it was great! But then they went and changed it.

At the moment, I'm trying out Jumping Juniper by Lush, its a solid shampoo. It's really easy to use, and is actually better than Herbal Essences at keeping the grease away. But I have only used it a few times so far.
ChannieAlana
For YEARS I have used Herbal Essences (the orgasm-in-your-shower shampoo) for Greasy Roots and Dry ends. Now the bottles have changed and the new bottle isn't the same and my hair doesn't feel good.

I can't find another shampoo for greasy roots and dry ends - I've tried "normal" shampoos and they make my hair limp and give me, you guessed it, greasy roots and dry ends. Now I have to wash my hair (I have waist length blonde hair) every day and it's getting tedious.

HELP?! Does anyone else know of a decent shampoo for my hairtype?!

Someone else was talking about how the new Herbal Essences aren't much good.

I'd say use any shampoo but only condition the very ends of your hair. I recommend the following hair care ranges: Gliss from Schwarzkopf; Phtyo hair care.

Reply 3
I have quite long hair myself and wash it daily. However, I've noticed that whenever I don't have time to take a shower, my hair is still clean on the second day. I use shampoo by L'anza, a brand my hairdresser uses. They have amazing products for long hair, but it is (unfortunately!) quite expensive.
Reply 4
i use tresemme... its really good. im a herbal essences convert too after they changed the bottles!
Reply 5
herbal essences?! they test on animals!
any shampoo you buy in the supermarket is similar to washing your hair in washing up liquid . John Frieda is the BEST shampoo.ever.
Reply 6
__Katy
The blue one right? I've recently discovered it, and it was great! But then they went and changed it.

At the moment, I'm trying out Jumping Juniper by Lush, its a solid shampoo. It's really easy to use, and is actually better than Herbal Essences at keeping the grease away. But I have only used it a few times so far.

Yeah! It was the blue one. But what about ur dry ends? How's the lush stuff with that?
Reply 7
bansheeee*
herbal essences?! they test on animals!
any shampoo you buy in the supermarket is similar to washing your hair in washing up liquid . John Frieda is the BEST shampoo.ever.

But at least the animals will be grease free and shiny.
Reply 8
My hair stylist recommended me to use Wella's Liftex balancing shampoo. I've been using it ever since. It's great! My hair isn't as greasy anymore
I use Vosene! Bit boring compared to all those pretty bottled ones out there, but it does the job. Everyone always says my hair is shiney. Also it washes out dead quick. I always find with, say Herbal Essence is that it takes years to wash out and sometimes it's still there. Ergh hate that!!
Plus only put a dab of conditioner on the ends. NEVER the roots, but you probably already know that.

So, try VOSENE!
Reply 10
ChannieAlana
Yeah! It was the blue one. But what about ur dry ends? How's the lush stuff with that?

That was the first shampoo I ever found which kept away the grease for longer than a day! They shouldn't change what don't need fixin'!

Its good, but they are still dry. However, I am overdue a haircut by around 8 weeks, so it is probably that!

Have a go with the Juniper one, it is very easy to use (although you may find it harder than most due to the lenght of your hair), doesn't waste on packaging, and it supposed to last as long as 3 shampoo bottles
Reply 11
I have a similar problem to you and I use John Freida Sheer Blonde shampoo and conditioner. I find that it works well for my hair. Also the Andrew Collinge blonde shampoo and conditioners are good.
Fawn
But at least the animals will be grease free and shiny.

Not really since they soak the shampoo in their eyes and ears and make them eat it ,and then leave them for dead afterwards.
Reply 13
A tip I remember being told that is when you are washing your hair, you only need to focus on the roots because it's your scalp that tends to be dirty/greasy, and just let the suds from the shampoo run down the rest of the hair as you wash out the shampoo. Also, most people only need to condition their ends as their body naturally makes enough oils for the roots. Also, moving to shampooing every other day (while not conditioning the roots execessively) will help with the greasiness.
ermmm

I'd pick and mix shampoo for awhile untill you find a product thats right for you. I'm lucky, I use pretty much any shampoo and yes, some are better than others.

I'd cut back on the washing too, you could just be building up an excess of shampoo/conditioner on your scalp - making it feel greasy.
Reply 16
Treseme's one for oily hair has been fantastic for me.
I used to have the same problem with my hair, but now I use Aussie mega shampoo and conditioner or a combination of Lush products - jumping juniper shampoo followed by american cream conditioner. Both sort my hair out a treat.
Reply 18
bansheeee*
Not really since they soak the shampoo in their eyes and ears and make them eat it ,and then leave them for dead afterwards.

Its all an experience we have to live with.

LUL
Fawn
Its all an experience we have to live with.

LUL

no not everyone, just the domesticated rats herbal essences decide to feed chemicals .

Latest

Trending

Trending