The Student Room Group

Cass vs SES vs LSBF vs LSE

Poll

Which school would you choose for your MSc Finance or International Business?

Hey guys !
I got accepted into 4 different universities and I really do not know which one I should choose.
The choices are :
- MSc Finanse in Cass
- ESE ( european School of Economics)
- London School of Business and Finance (LSBF)
- London school of economics and political science (LSE)

Which one is the best one in terms of prestige and future employment?
Is there anyone who actually doing his/hes MSc in these schools? have you visited these schools?
Any opinion and thoughts will be appreciated ! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

LSE by a country mile. ESE and LSBF are not really very good, they are just niche schools that play on their names and dont really have any reputation. CASS is OK, but is very overhyped and overpriced - apparantly they say so themselves, and recruiter surveys and Dean surveys say the same thing. LSE's finance courses are very well respected, and up their with the top UK b-schools like LBS, Judge, Said and WBS, although it is slightly hindered by the lack of an actual business school, and the brand name that comes with, but nevertheless go with LSE.
Well I would say LSE..I applied to LSE and Cass for MSc in Finance as my two top choice cause LSE obviously has Number1 reputation, and Cass has a great reputation in finnace programmes and the reputation has a price I guess, I can't believe that Dean would undermine own school by saying it's "overpriced", so whatever...
Am still waiting for my response from LSE but I got accepted into Cass Finance masters..Hey Matanovn, can you tell me something about your application background so I can compare it to mine in terms of my admission chances at LSE...And btw forget about ESE, it's incredibly bad uni, I had opportunity to experience it myself..
Reply 3
lse, no contest
Lse
Reply 5
I was accepted by Cass & LSBF. I choose LSBF exactly as it is niche school.
Also because of Financial Times Rankings on GGSB programs. I am actually MIB student the prgram which is ranked number 5 in the world by FT and has AMBA... Classmates are amazing, made really good friends, career service is proactive. I also started on Friench & CFA as a bit of exta carricullum as they call it :smile:

Chao
Reply 6
Hi all!

I am LSBF graduate. I had great experience with the school. On top of that me and 3 my friends (also LSBF students) got the jobs before the end of the course. LSBF also helped me with internship on London Stock Exchange. The most valuable experience ever!

My vote for LSBF!
Reply 7
LSBF - i don't believe them at all..

Cass - is cosidered to be more practical than LSE... however, the LSE's reputation is excellent, so choose LSE.
Reply 8
I'm a student at LSBF and I really like it here.
What program are you considering?
Reply 9
hey anna, im a student at lsbf as well!! what programme are u in?
LSBF is crap. I can't believe some students are claiming it's any good. It's ranked only because it has got a exchange with Grenoble Graduate School of Business (GGSB), which is mediocre at best.
It looks like a cross between BPP businesss school and another crap school. Don't believe the hype.
Choose LSE, if not Cass. Everything else forget it. :woo:
Reply 11
Lse :-)
LSBF should only be last resort. I've been researching these schools for quite a while and LSBF is accredited by east anglia and thats what matters. LSE should be chosen, next should be Cass. LSBF and SES basically do not cut it. Cass is ranked 13 in Financial times and even though LSE is ranked 19, its the best here since rankings do give an indication of how good a school is to an extent, but not fully.
LSE by a mile. What program have you been accepted to?
Finance in UK - Cass, Imperial, or LSE, LBS if you have the experience.
Between Cass and LSE is becoming a more difficult choice than some of the people here would suggest. One of the reasons is because Cass has been improving very fast in the last several years. This year they got triple accreditation and became CFA partner, LSE is neither of those. The advantage of LSE is that it has been around for a much longer period than Cass, but as you know things change, and this is why you currently see much more people wondering between the two institutions. Something which would not have happened 5 or 10 years ago. I face the same choice and have been speaking extensively with alumni. What struck me too is that you can find much more people from Cass in NYC than you would have expected. In the end I think it is down to personal preferences and where you feel more home-like
Reply 15
student_london
LSBF is crap. I can't believe some students are claiming it's any good. It's ranked only because it has got a exchange with Grenoble Graduate School of Business (GGSB), which is mediocre at best.
It looks like a cross between BPP businesss school and another crap school. Don't believe the hype.
Choose LSE, if not Cass. Everything else forget it. :woo:

LSBF has emerged as an innovator in the field of business education with internationally renowned dual programmes (MSc+professional qualification in one programme) that are aimed to get you the job. We, as graduates of these programmes, are being highly sought-after due in large to the world class faculty that won awards from different publications (e.g. PQ magazine).
The link with Grenoble is not an exchange but a collaboration which means that all the degrees are awarded by Grenoble. Apart from being triple accredited it also offers some of the top ranked (by FT) programmes in the world. e.g. both the MIB and PT MBA ranked 7th worldwide!!
So I really don't think that "mediocre" is the right word. :cool:
Reply 16
Daniel, you made me feel so proud to be a student here :smile:
Reply 17
Hi guys, nice to see other LSBF students on here :smile:
Reply 18
Daniel99
LSBF has emerged as an innovator in the field of business education with internationally renowned dual programmes (MSc+professional qualification in one programme) that are aimed to get you the job. We, as graduates of these programmes, are being highly sought-after due in large to the world class faculty that won awards from different publications (e.g. PQ magazine).
The link with Grenoble is not an exchange but a collaboration which means that all the degrees are awarded by Grenoble. Apart from being triple accredited it also offers some of the top ranked (by FT) programmes in the world. e.g. both the MIB and PT MBA ranked 7th worldwide!!
So I really don't think that "mediocre" is the right word. :cool:

Hi guys from LSBF. I got accepted for the next MIB starting in October this year. I would like to ask you some questions about LSFB and I would appreciate if you could answer.

How are the campuses? Do they have good conditions? Are all the masters held in Marble Arch and Holborn campuses or only in one of these?

What about Job offers? Are there many? Is it easy to get the internship that you should do in the second year of the MIB? What's the average salary for MIB graduate students in a near future?

Thank you for your help and good luck with your studies. :smile:
Reply 19
... are these guys praising LSBF here the same person, the school's representative? they are all new and they seem to register here merely for voting and posting in this thread...

Without doubt, LSE or CASS...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending