The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
coren111
Rubbish, you talk a lot of.

what? i was willing to let your silly little (incorrect) comments go without an hour long argument.

if you really want quote my 'rubbish' and we can argue about it, relevant to the thread :cool:
coren111
No need to be facetious. The point was you can't blame an entire people for their government's actions, whether they were voted in or not. There is very rarely 100% of the population voting for a party, and even then they didn't run on one policy of going to war with Gaza, it was forced upon them mid-term by incessant rocket attacks in breach of the ceasefire, and Hamas getting rockets with longer ranges meaning more than 700,000 Israelis were in reach. Enough was enough, Hamas had to be stopped (the rate of rockets has decreased dramatically by the way, indicating some success). Anyone would want to defend their people in the same way.

Mid-term? What happened to the continuous 8 years?

coren111
How would you react if terrorists took over the north of France and started lobbing over 6000 rockets at Dover and Folkestone? The UK govt does not negotiate with terrorists, by the way, so don't expect Israel to. That would be double standards. Good night to you. I hope you don't have to worry about rockets hitting your family tonight, because you would just let them continue for 8 years.

:frown: if I hear this argument about 'France attacking the UK' with missiles again I think I going to have to cry.... and the UK govt. has negotiated with "terrorists"... Kenya, N. Ireland etc. a couple more examples I cant remember of the top of my head atm....
This is a disgusting abuse of human rights. Seven years for honesty and free speech.
I'm absolutely disgusted that he'd be arrested for something like this in the UK. It's the sort of thing that you imagine going on in China or North Korea. How anybody with a conscience could ever justify continued support for Labour is beyond me.
PeeWeeDan
Yelling "******* Jews" is anti-semitism. Even if that action wasn't particularly bad I don't really care for anti-semites, so whatever happens to him is fine by me.

Is yelling "******* chavs!" classist then?
NDGAARONDI

Erm, actually it sounds very much like it is.
Reply 86
Neville 'Facking' Bartos
It reports on anything globally that suits their agenda.....

Like any other ethnic or religious human rights organization or lobby group then. I suppose the Islamic Human Rights Commission reports on issues that don't suit their agenda...
jismith1989
Erm, actually it sounds very much like it is.

What are the punishments for shouting it then?
Reply 88
NDGAARONDI

Yes. And yelling "f*cking negroes!" upon seeing news of a black involved in a violent act could also be taken as racist.
ypo
Like any other ethnic or religious human rights organization or lobby group then. I suppose the Islamic Human Rights Commission reports on issues that don't suit their agenda...

No I'm not mocking them, I was trying to mean that, yes thats the reason why they report globally [not just in the US were they are based] to fit their slant so to speak.
Reply 90
NDGAARONDI

Whatever punishments are stipulated in his contract as diplomat with the Foreign Office I would imagine.
Reply 91
Redemption
This is a disgusting abuse of human rights. Seven years for honesty and free speech.

Honesty? The way you phrase it suggests you believe his actions were justified and shouldn't be punished. Shout "f*cking Jews!" on your California college campus and get back to me on that one.
ypo
Whatever punishments are stipulated in his contract as diplomat with the Foreign Office I would imagine.

I doubt there would be anything in his contract here. Therefore, why the special considering for anti-semitism? I could make a huge banner to a football match and depict Scousers as bin dippers and nothing would be thought of it. Do something similar against Israel and it touches people's nerves. They are both the same in some ways, both are based in hatred.
Reply 93
7 years is the maximum sentence, not the sentence he's been given. He’s very unlikely to get the full sentence, but regardless, he shouldn’t have been arrested.

He should, however, lose his job. It’s irresponsible to allow people who make comments like that to advise the British government on foreign policy. Quite why he’s still working normally, I don’t know.

Also, how does being head of the South Asia Group and having worked in two South Asian Countries make him an expert on the Middle East? The Middle East is not in South Asia.
Reply 94
NDGAARONDI
I doubt there would be anything in his contract here. Therefore, why the special considering for anti-semitism? I could make a huge banner to a football match and depict Scousers as bin dippers and nothing would be thought of it. Do something similar against Israel and it touches people's nerves. They are both the same in some ways, both are based in hatred.

Since neither of us knows exactly what the Foreign Office diplomats' code of conduct and punitive measures are we can only speculate. But I must add this outburst seriously questions the gentleman's professionalism and role as both a South Asian diplomat and consultant to David Milliband, a Jew.

Perhaps you think it would be acceptable to hear an Obama aide scream "f*cking coons!" upon seeing an episode of COPS at his local gym.
Reply 95
NDGAARONDI

Scotland's not a foreign nation. There's nothing special about Israel here. The diplomat's remarks would be just as heinous and shameful to the Foreign Office if he publicly shouted "f*cking Orientals!" upon seeing video of a Chinese conflict.
NDGAARONDI

Well, I don't think that it should be illegal; I just think that it's classist.
illusione
7 years is the maximum sentence, not the sentence he's been given. He’s very unlikely to get the full sentence, but regardless, he shouldn’t have been arrested.

He should, however, lose his job. It’s irresponsible to allow people who make comments like that to advise the British government on foreign policy. Quite why he’s still working normally, I don’t know.

Aye. There are more solutions than imprisonment.
ypo
Scotland's not a foreign nation. There's nothing special about Israel here. The diplomat's remarks would be just as heinous and shameful to the Foreign Office if he publicly shouted "f*cking Orientals!" upon seeing video of a Chinese conflict.

Who said Scotland?!
Reply 99
NDGAARONDI
Who said Scotland?!

My bad. Liverpool.

Latest

Trending

Trending