The Student Room Group

Driving License D.O.B Place of birth?

Hey guys. I have not long passed my driving test and i have just received my driving license. Where it says your place of birth number *3* Mine say's WIGAN which is correct where i was born. But i have been looking at a couple of my friend's licenses and there's say UNITED KINGDOM, ENGLAND, etc.. Why is this? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
mine says kenya..which is correct, doesnt really answer your question though, but i think it should say the country..
Reply 2
mine has the country. what difference does it make anyway
Reply 3
What did you write on the form, I put Ward 7, that's what shows on my license.
Reply 4
Well to be honest it does my a difference because most of the people i know there's say UNITED KINGDOM or ENGLAND..
Reply 5
Mine says Dorset, England. It just depends on what you wrote on the application i guess.
Mine says United Kingdom

Might depend on whether you sent your passport or birth certificate when you applied?
Reply 7
Mine says England I think.
Mine says United Kingdom.
Reply 9
Mine says England, which is probably what I wrote on my form.
Reply 10
Mine says Germany. Though I know I wrote the town on the form.
Reply 11
Mine says United Kingdom
Mine says England although I wrote the actual place on the form. Might depend on whether you have a new or old style licence? Although I'm honestly not sure. I don't think it'll matter that much though!
Reply 13
Mine says United Kingdom
Mine says the city, the same as on my passport which I sent with it
Mine says Wales
mine say great britain
Reply 17
Mine just says Wales.

I thought it just showed country. Its a strange thing for them to do different things for different people (unless the form was filled in wrong), they're database would be a little mucked up.
Everybody knows Wigan is its own state.
Reply 19
Mine says England.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending