The Student Room Group
Reply 1
1. Which board are you on?
2. Do you know which dates you are studying on your course as this might help?
Reply 2
If you're really interested in the subject, read The Cold War by John Lewis Gaddis. Good book and fun to read too (There's a bit where Kruschev meets an American diplomat, asks where he's from, and draws a blue circle on his home town on a map of America - "When we go to war, I will not drop a nuclear bomb on this city.")
Reply 3
Oladz
1. Which board are you on?
2. Do you know which dates you are studying on your course as this might help?

I'm on Edexcel.

And, the title of my module is "The Origins and Early Development of the Cold War, 1945-1962", so those dates.

There's just so much about the Cold War that I'm not sure how much weight I need to put on the different areas. And it all being down to interpretation doesn't help,
Reply 4
Bagration
If you're really interested in the subject, read The Cold War by John Lewis Gaddis. Good book and fun to read too (There's a bit where Kruschev meets an American diplomat, asks where he's from, and draws a blue circle on his home town on a map of America - "When we go to war, I will not drop a nuclear bomb on this city.")

Thanks. I'll definately give it a read. Though, I've read a tiny bit of Gaddis' work before and, although he's respected, I tend not to agree with him. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending