The Student Room Group
Wow, there are so many of us transferring out of Kent, especially Psychology!

My girlfriend goes to Sussex, and I held an offer from them also, so I've spent quite a lot of time there. Campus wise, it's quite nice although the buildings seem very plain. The Psych department is held in pretty decent esteem, they produce some decent research. The main thing I dislike, however, is the campus' lack of.. well, anything. There are like two bars, both are pretty grimey and one of which plays sports on uber volume 24/7. The campus cannot compare to what we have here at Kent.

Surrey, I also held an offer from. When I visited on an open day I was hideously put off. One of the grimiest campuses I have ever seen in my life. Our introductory lecture was in some dingey run down lecture theatre which was covered in graffitti. Horrid campus. Needless to say I turned down their offer.

But overall, out of the two, Sussex definetly.
Reply 2
Thats odd when I called up Sussex to ask if they accepted 2nd year transfers into Psychology they said they didn't.:confused:

Or are you planning to start again as a first year?
In terms of your uni town.. guildford or brighton, i think it's pretty obv.
Reply 4
GodspeedGehenna
Wow, there are so many of us transferring out of Kent, especially Psychology!

My girlfriend goes to Sussex, and I held an offer from them also, so I've spent quite a lot of time there. Campus wise, it's quite nice although the buildings seem very plain. The Psych department is held in pretty decent esteem, they produce some decent research. The main thing I dislike, however, is the campus' lack of.. well, anything. There are like two bars, both are pretty grimey and one of which plays sports on uber volume 24/7. The campus cannot compare to what we have here at Kent.

Surrey, I also held an offer from. When I visited on an open day I was hideously put off. One of the grimiest campuses I have ever seen in my life. Our introductory lecture was in some dingey run down lecture theatre which was covered in graffitti. Horrid campus. Needless to say I turned down their offer.

But overall, out of the two, Sussex definetly.

What ever happened to their cinema? :confused: And their library shaped like an open book?
Reply 5
Rosie: Yeah they told me that too so yeah I will be starting again as a first year there if I decide to go.

Yeah I love Brighton and thats why I chose Sussex, I've heard some bad bad things about Guildford.

GSG: Thanks for your advice! particularly about Surrey! It doesnt matter about the campus really, I intend to spend most of my time outside of lectures in Brighton or seeing my family, I may even ask to be housed in Brighton seeing as I'm used to the whole living on campus thing, Ive hardly made enough of Kent's campus, apart from our endless bar crawls which are all set to change next year! I would prefer not to do the mad fresher thing all over again but meeting mates might be difficult..I dunno lol
I don't know what you've heard which is bad in Guildford, the night life isn't that amazing, however your 30 mins from London, which is a benefit if you like to party =]
The only down side is theres alot of posh people haha, I'm always in Guildford, i think its a nice atmosphere and place, and it gets me away from scummy Epsom haha.

However i come from more of the Brighton area and love that too. :biggrin:
Reply 7
whats so bad about surrey, I might be going there for management if Leicester my first choice dont offer me. surely surrey (guildford) is better than egham.

Latest