The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I never use fake tan! i don't want to! i am pale skinned, but i like it that way. (most people will probably find that weird!) the thing is, my boyfriend is chinese and has fairly dark skin, and i like the contrast!
Reply 21
scarlet ibis
I never use fake tan! i don't want to! i am pale skinned, but i like it that way. (most people will probably find that weird!)

No, you're right, it wouldn't suit you!

A.
i'm indian complexioned with naturally dark brown skin. but i regularly use fake tan.

sounds weird but i really love the golden effect on my skin, and it evens out my skin tone,scars,pale areas

all asians will know if a dark skinned person scars, it leaves a dark spot that takes ages to go away. and when we tan, we tan strongly and darkly. so fake tan avoiuds getting those annoying white/yellow strap marks on an otherwise dark golden body.

i advise all dark people to consider using fake tan to even out skin tone.the orange tones which sometimes look dodgy on white people looks great on yellow skins
i use Boots 17, lasts bout a week just cos it was on sale

anyone know of any really dark fake tans avaliable?
or any that last longer than a week?
Alaric
No, you're right, it wouldn't suit you!

A.

hehe
i forgot you had met me! i was a bit freaked out for a minute!
Reply 24
TK
OP
lessthanthree
soltan's good; why don't you get a spray tan?

i might do. i was jus bein cheap :p:
no no!!

go in a really really hot bath.
exfolitae with a loofah everywhere!
go out the bath, dry thoughly.
rub on the fake tan, using PALMS of hands not fingers.massage into skin.

hence no streaks!!#

anyone know a really dark and/or longlasting one?
Reply 26
fake tan. LOL.

please. go for it.
Reply 27
Its almost the summer and there are already plenty of sunny days, just get out in it!
Reply 28
TK
OP
imasillynarb
Its almost the summer and there are already plenty of sunny days, just get out in it!

ain't no sun in leeds. can't be sunny in york can it?
Reply 29
TK
OP
lessthanthree
I'd sooner do that than risk streaks :\

that's the thing - there were no streaks, but it was on my palms and looked ming :biggrin:
u r meant to wash ur hands straight away after applying der
Reply 31
TK
OP
magiccarpet
u r meant to wash ur hands straight away after applying der

so then you have white hands and brown arms der
no i meant the palm of the hand, wash it off whilst keeping back of hand dry. better still, dont worry bout white hands , just do them later, seperately
Reply 33
TK
so then you have white hands and brown arms der

there's nothing worse than orange palms. wash your hands staright afterwards then wipe a teeny bit along the back of your hands... it does work (but takes practise, hence the need for corrective wipes!)

lou xxx
Reply 34
TK
OP
lou p
there's nothing worse than orange palms. wash your hands staright afterwards then wipe a teeny bit along the back of your hands... it does work (but takes practise, hence the need for corrective wipes!)

lou xxx

thanks lou :biggrin:
Reply 35
TK
OP
magiccarpet
no i meant the palm of the hand, wash it off whilst keeping back of hand dry. better still, dont worry bout white hands , just do them later, seperately

ok - thanks :smile: hehe
St.Tropez is amazing.I prefer a natural tan though.
Reply 37
Yes but real tan = skin cancer. It amazes me how many people will slag off smokers and then bake in the sun for hours, it's so hypocritical.

And to any fake tanning I'd advise getting one of those mitt things to do it, they're really cheap and they make it so much quicker and easier.
veryjammy
Yes but real tan = skin cancer

not necessarily, the ideal would be to gradually increase the amount of time you spend out in the sun. That should give you a nice tan with low risks of skin cancer (according to my doctor anyway)
theaman
Merci Beaucoup. :biggrin:

*smile*

Latest

Trending

Trending