The Student Room Group
Yes, in the seeds for germination, shame nobody answerd my thread about a coursework I have on seed germination :frown:. Google structure of seed and you'll find out a lot.

Also when doing photosynthesis (I haven't done this for a while), in PSII (photosystem 2) which is located in the grana in the chloroplast, light strikes the photosystem and electrons are exicted to a higher energy level and there's an enzyme in the photosystem which catalyses the breakdown of water into H+ ions and electrons, and these electrons replace the electrons lost in PSII. That's the light dependant stage by the way. You must have done this during your A levels?

That's all I can think off at the moment.
Reply 2
hanqiangycl
as the title...biology people please help

Yes, in fact, the most abundant enzyme on the planet is the plant enzyme rubisco
Oladz
Yes, in fact, the most abundant enzyme on the planet is the plant enzyme rubisco

rubisco is found in algae and bacteria too
And to answer your question there are loads.

Here's an interesting one:

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2005-02/wuis-nrp021005.php
Reply 5
cowsgoquack
rubisco is found in algae and bacteria too

my bad :redface:

(did think algae were plants though :confused: )
Oladz
my bad :redface:

(did think algae were plants though :confused: )

Algae are both a polyphyletic and paraphyletic group: If you said 'I thought plants were algae' you'd be more correct, as plants are multi-cellular organisms which are thought to have evolved from a group of algae - Green Algae. But plants are excluded.

Latest

Trending

Trending