The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Look into London College of Communication. They are very good for photography. Not sure about alternative qualifications though. Will you be a mature student?
Reply 2
Yeah I'll be a mature student with a BA Hons in Business Creation and Enterprise and a HND in Business and Management.
Reply 3
London College of Communication's photography course seems to be good all round; you're free to pursue your own preferences with regards photographic styles while being exposed to a whole range of photographic material.

I have also heard very good things about the University of Westminster. They offer a BA Photographic Arts course and a BSc Photography and digital imaging course.

I'd look into those two.
Reply 4
As a mature student, alternative qualifications will probably not hold you back too much. But i'd recommend phoning the uni to check, they're usually very helpful.
Reply 5
Yeah I might have to enquire at a couple of different Unis in London see what they say.
Reply 6
The University of Westminster seems quite far out of the city, how long does it take to get from their Harrow campus to Zone 1?
Reply 7
I went there for an open day a few weeks ago - was really impressed by course structure and facilities.

It took me around 25minutes to get from Oxford Circus to the campus, and that was with a slight delay on the Metropolitan line. If you get off at Northwick Park, the university campus is literally right outside the station exit so not too far at all!
Reply 8
Well thats pretty good, what did you think of the student accomodation?
Reply 9
Well, there's definitely a lot of it! Pretty new buildings surrounded by grass, the rooms aren't as small as some I've seen and everyone seemed quite friendly - also right on the campus unlike others in London where it might be a 15minute plus bus journey to class. Saying that, I'm not really considering halls and looking at renting privately with a friend so probably not the best person to ask!
I applied to Westminster and LCC, I ended up preferring Edinburgh, but if you're after London, those two are good choices.

Latest