The Student Room Group
Reply 1
More that three universities offer PPE. Oxford, York, Durham and Warwick. That's four off the top of my head (with Oxford and York the strongest of the four). I think there are at least three others as well as programmes like combined honours (offered at Durham, Newcastle, Exeter, Lancaster and a couple of other unis) where you may be able to create a PPE programme of sorts.

Politics with Eastern European studies isn't mickey mouse. Just because a course has studies in the title it can still have great academic merit. I don't know the specific of the programme but it's just politics but with an added regional focus (in the case Eastern Europe). It's still a respected course and it is UCL.

What's so crap about war and war studies?
Reply 2
Omnis

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/ugp09/subjectarea/P

Scroll down to politics and it's like the only political degree that KCL do! Although, I'm probably just being bitchy about it because I kind of wanted to go there.

I know what War Studies is, but I also know it's an excellent department. It's just an area of International Relations really. If you don't like it then fair enough, but don't be under the misapphrension that it's not a good or respected department. They're leaders in the field.

A whole range of degrees will allow you to enter convert to law (even the sciences). PPE's no different, it can provide a great foundation (as politics, economics and philosophy alone can and combined honours).
ESPS is not a 'mickey mouse course', but beware when/if applying as it's very competitive. A few people I know applied for it along with PPE at Oxford, Warwick, York, etc and were rejected as their personal statements were not geared towards the course.
Reply 4
top 10 for sosocial science in my oppinion are
oxford cambridge lse warwick durham hull bath sheffield exeter and york!

Latest

Trending

Trending