The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Thud
I'm Thud. :smile:

And if you don't think there's something wrong with hanging gays and stoning women for being raped, well I guess there's no hope for you.

What has that got to do with this Halal Only Dominos thread, make a separate thread if you wish to make such statements.
Reply 61
Im sure Dominos know what they are doing ... and Halal food is legal in this country.

As Dominos are expected to make more sales, more people are needed to make pizzas, which leads to more jobs available which may mean more people work which may mean more people take less benefit and pay more tax... its actually benefitting society not killing it.

If only the daily mail and the islamaphobes could realise this instead of hating everything that is remotely connected to Islam!
Reply 62
Thud
So why have British government advisory bodies called for it to be banned?

If the government thought there was sufficient evidence to suggest that Halal food was bad for the animal, they'd ban it.
Thud
In an ideal world women would be treated as equals, gays wouldn't be hanged, women wouldn't be stoned/sentenced for being raped, people wouldn't be lashed and halal meat wouldn't be allowed. But as it is, we wouldn't want to be seen as encroaching on their culture by forcing our ideas of right and wrong down the throats of middle easterners.

Kosher method of slaughter is nearly identical to Halal.
Reply 64
reems23
If the government thought there was sufficient evidence to suggest that Halal food was bad for the animal, they'd ban it.

No they wouldn't. You think they want to see a repeat of the danish cartoon episode only a hundred times worse? The evidence that it's bad for the animal exists (search Thud halal if you're that interested) the government, predictably, ignored it.
i'm EXCITED!
Reply 66
The Avenger

In an ideal world idiots like you would read the thread to see I'm against kosher.
Reply 67
The Avenger

P.S ..... and in an ideal world israel wouldnt be comitted WAR CRIMES against innocent women and children in Gaza e.g using phosphorus in Densely populated civilian areas where its use is prohibited by International Law.....

+ Israel is in the MIDDLE EAST.

On the point that kosher method is nearly identical, what Thud failed to mention is that government bodies have tried to push a ban on both Halal AND Kosher methods.
Reply 68
Thud
No they wouldn't. You think they want to see a repeat of the danish cartoon episode only a hundred times worse? The evidence that it's bad for the animal exists (search Thud halal if you're that interested) the government, predictably, ignored it.

Tough ****.

To be fair, I'm arguing for the losing side. Halal food is most probably bad for the animal, however arguing over whether it's legal or not should be taken up with the government. Not Dominos, who are simply responding to Demand Supply.
Reply 69
Thud
Ok "support of this in a country where halal should be banned is disgusting" - happy now?

This is the bit I would argue I take umbrage at. Is halal worse than other methods? According to this neutral study.
To save you reading the rather lon text, the key point is that
Shulz W
"the slaughter in the form of a ritual cut is, if carried out properly, painless in sheep and calves according to EEG recordings and the missing defensive actions"
,and equivalent electric methods as used by the UK were found to be severely painful. Remember, it isn't black and white.
Thud
I'm Thud. :smile:

And if you don't think there's something wrong with hanging gays and stoning women for being raped, well I guess there's no hope for you.

He was never replying to ur previous statement and said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about hanging gays and stoning women. Stop trying to attack the person - ur argument is irrational :wink:
rivers of cheese speech coming soon...
Reply 72
Thud

So how do you propose animals should be slaughtered for their meat?
Reply 73
The Avenger
He was never replying to ur previous statement and said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about hanging gays and stoning women. Stop trying to attack the person - ur argument is irrational :wink:

Haha cheers but its pointless arguing with him...everything "wrong" seems to be islams fault to him.
Reply 74
LawBore
This is the bit I would argue I take umbrage at. Is halal worse than other methods? According to this neutral study.
To save you reading the rather lon text, the key point is that
, and equivalent electric methods as used by the UK were found to be severely painful. Remember, it isn't black and white.

And according to the neutral British study, Halal is worse.

The UK Farm Animal Welfare Council says that the method by which Kosher and Halal meat is produced causes severe suffering to animals and it should be banned immediately. According to FAWC it can take up to two minutes for cattle to bleed to death, thus amounting to animal abuse
Ahem me throwing around terms i dnt understand. You've apparently already been to uni at 13 and didnt like it ? Either ur a genius ( in that case pigs can also fly) or ur just a LIAR.
I don't eat halal meat but as long as all franchise outlets are not all halal then I am happy.
Reply 77
The Avenger
Ahem me throwing around terms i dnt understand. You've apparently already been to uni at 14 and didnt like it ? Either ur a genius ( in that case pigs can also fly) or ur just a LIAR.

And you apparently can't notice satire. :smile:
Reply 78
Thud
And according to the neutral British study, Halal is worse.

The UK Farm Animal Welfare Council says that the method by which Kosher and Halal meat is produced causes severe suffering to animals and it should be banned immediately. According to FAWC it can take up to two minutes for cattle to bleed to death, thus amounting to animal abuse

Wikipedia ftw.
Reply 79
ninety_nine
Ha, who knew it'd be the Daily Mail who ran this story..

The sad thing is I can actually imagine some idiot reading this in his armchair, going "This is a ****ing outrage".

Hahaha. :ditto:

Latest

Trending

Trending